4 reasons online earning sites should dump PayPal payment

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I think it is high time that a lot of earning sites need to bypass the use of PayPal payment gateway because they come with a lot of issues that the focus should be shifted to a better payment processor that works for everyone.

From my experience the following reasons are the factors and I think they all make a lot of sense.

PayPal is used for some selected countries. Since PayPal can't accommodate all countries then it is not fit for an earning site especially those that accepts all countries. People not from these accepted countries might not want to join the site because of this payment limitations.

PayPal block or limit your account over very little issues. Their bot is very sensitive that you get block indiscriminately and to get back your account come at a huge stress.

Another is their charges, for doing nothing just using their payment platform to obtained your earning you pay a lot in charges. Even banks that save money for customers don't charge that high.

Their customer service sometimes isn't quick and they treat an issue very sluggishly. You would need to keep writing back for a while before you issue can be sorted and looked into.

What do you think of this?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To be honest, PayPal has overstayed its welcome. I don't know why it is still being given much attention. There is an online platoform that someone wants to introduce to me but the moment I heard about the payment method, I just decided not to continue with the online platoform again. The payment method is PayPal. Why did I step back at the mentioning of PayPal?

PayPal always pry into the private affairs of their users. There is no need to be doing much investigation especially when the user has already have the evidence of payment. PayPal may still decide whether to accept or reject the evidence. Most people that use PayPal have lost their money for this. There is an issue with my friend that couldn't not convince the PayPal how he received &5000 from a vendor. That is how he lost the money.

It allows for multiple registration which I think it is not necessary. For instance, individual account must not be used for business means and the vice versa. I prefer Payoneer over it because there is no need of having different accounts to receive your payment. Opening multiple accounts as allowed by PayPal is not that cool with me.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The issue with PayPal is just annoying and it is worrisome that people don't see all these issues people encounter like anything that they keep on using them. The most annoying is that any earning site that come on board want to use it more as their main payment processor than others.

For one this payment processor don't even accept all countries then why make them the main soyr e of people getting paid, I don't just get it. This is why I had to opt out of mylot. This is a site that I enjoyed working on because it is just about chatting on the site to earn but the payment processor on the site is only PayPal. So if you don't have PayPal that receives Money you don't have to waste your time on the site.

So I think it is high time that earning site start doing more of crypto payment since it accomidate all countries and no discrimination and of course the transfer is as easy as possible.

Other payment processors that are accommodating should be used it will be good to have fora change a gateway that will make getting money from online site a lot easy.

anil02

Verified member
Paypal have small payout option ,we can withdraw even 2$ from paypal but other payment processor sites have not this option most of sites have $10 withdraw option. It is also right that paypal is charging some more for withdraw but after all these it is best one option for us. Most of sites have more than one option. Crypto is not legal tender money so I think it is risky to get payment in it

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
The first thing is to forget to suggest to a website to add payment method as they receives many suggestions for adding payment option but owner don't have time to handle administration work or find hardly the time to do this. I have tried this several time with getting promises from website owner and nothing changed. The second thing if website is only offering PayPal email payment you can do like an exchange if for example there is a paid forum that accepts deposit for coins then you use email of owner to get coins credited. Then you will withdraw money in crypto. If website isn't offering such feature means email must much email of signup then asking relative in a country where Paypal is supported to add your email as secondary email address.

Caramelle

I would really wish more for sites to dump Payoneer as an alternative payment processor. Payoneer has been charging Appen workers $3 for each payment request. We get charged further when we transfer the money from Payoneer to a local e-wallet or bank account. Highway robbery, right? What's worse, they charge and empty your account if you have zero transactions in a year. It also takes them a very long time to process payments.

On the other hand, I used to work for a site with a PayPal mass payment arrangement. The transfer to a PayPal account was instant. There were no charges at all for the income withdrawal from the site to PayPal. The only charges PayPal imposed were on the currency conversion. The withdrawal to the local e-wallet was also free of charge. I have been using PayPal for over 8 years to receive payments and cash transfers as well as to pay vendors and send money to friends. It has been working well for me and it has been a less costly alternative to bank transfers. This is a first-hand experience.

I guess all payment processing channels have their own pros and cons but PayPal has been a solid ally on my online earning journey. Cryptocurrency transfers and conversions do not work well for me so I, too, avoid working on sites that use cryptocurrencies alone for payment.

anil02

Verified member
I never used payoneer but I am using Paypal for more than 10 years. I have not any problem with it. I opt auto transfer so after getting payment my funds transfer in my bank account. But Paypal is charging for withdraw and some time it is more than 25% it is depends upon amount of withdraw, I don't like crypto for getting payment because of fast up down in its prices

Fireworks

I have been using PayPal for years now. For me, PayPal is really limited. I didn't realize this before since I wasn't doing international transaction all that much or online jobs. Its when I started really using it that I realised how it is not working for me. I get charged $5 to transfer money to my local bank which is extremely high for me. So imagine working on forums and having to make sure I work to accommodate $5. Its a serious draw back. And apart from recieving payment on it I have no other use for it. Take Advcash as an example, you can also use it as a wallet, get 8% interest on daily. The fees charged are lower than that of PayPal. Atleast if PayPal can reduce it's high fees and expand the cryptocurrency option to all other countries.

anil02

Verified member
I am agree with you many user of feel it that paypal is charging some high. But I think it is best one option for us. It is better if they lower fees. I using paypal only to receive payment from sites. I am not using it for payment. I don't know about advcash. It is new for me and I also don't know that it is available for us.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I don't think there is any other payment processor as good ad paypal. It is true that paypal is not available in some countries, and so is cryptocurrency. A lot of countries block crypto payment. Well, PayPal has high transaction fees, however, it is free to receive payment from US individuals if you are based in the US or free to receive from the Euro zone if you are based in Europe. The best thing about paypal is you can dispute the transaction, if someone takes payment from you but does not deliver your product or services, you can file a dispute and get a full refund. If paypal is available in your country and if you verify your account with legal documents and bank account, you will not have any issues with paypal. The only alternative to paypal is crypto but due to its volatility, it is very risky to use crypto as payment.

Suba

Staff member
Sorry I don't agree with you why online earning sites should dump PayPal as a means of payment, not only because I've been using PayPal for more than 10 years, but because I haven't found a better payment platform than PayPal. good convenience, international recognition, security, also many choices of using both CC / DC and several bank accounts that we can register on a PayPal account, so Paypal. The availability of a mobile application so that it will be easy for us to use it anywhere and anytime, PayPal is also very protective of consumers or buyers and PayPal is also easy to withdraw to local banks. But I also admit that there are some shortcomings. PayPal's security level is not as safe as saving in the bank, because we can be fooled by phishing links, hackers, etc., too. If there is negligence, our account can be blocked. The number of withdrawals by unverified users is very limited,

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I used to praise PayPal a lot in the past. I would say that it is the best payment processor, that I cannot use any other processor apart from it and many other praises I showered it. I still like that it has a very convenient way that you can easily withdraw your money to mobile money or bank account easily.

However, all hell broke loose when one day, out of thin air, my account got permanently limited. Little did I know that there are some very subtle rules that could make you loose your account and your money frozen for 180 days. I have never recovered that money by the way, the process was a headache.

So I have joined the league of those people who cannot work in sites that only pay through PayPal. Now I work in sites that pay through crypto currencies and they are really awesome. At least I have escaped the high fees in PayPal.

anil02

Verified member
Sorry I don't agree with you why online earning sites should dump PayPal as a means of payment, not only because I've been using PayPal for more than 10 years, but because I haven't found a better payment platform than PayPal. good convenience, international recognition, security, also many choices of using both CC / DC and several bank accounts that we can register on a PayPal account, so Paypal. The availability of a mobile application so that it will be easy for us to use it anywhere and anytime, PayPal is also very protective of consumers or buyers and PayPal is also easy to withdraw to local banks. But I also admit that there are some shortcomings. PayPal's security level is not as safe as saving in the bank, because we can be fooled by phishing links, hackers, etc., too. If there is negligence, our account can be blocked. The number of withdrawals by unverified users is very limited,
I am agree with online earning sites should not be dump paypal. It is one of best one option for me. I am also using it for more than 10 years an I have not any problem with it. Some have problem with charges so they must be understand it that paypal is not doing charity they are doing business. I have not any problem of security. It is our duty to care about safety features to stopped hackers and phishing .