4 Characteristics of Online Job Scams

Suba

Staff member
Till this day, there are still many people (victims) who are trapped by online job vacancies, I don't understand the main reason whether it's due to lack of information on jobs scams or they just want to get a job easily and quickly. Here are some characteristics of online job scams are as follows:
1. Most scammers use the name of a well-known platform or claim to be partners with a well-known company platform.
2. They will always offer high yields such as salaries, allowances, meals and transportation.
3. The scammers ask for too much personal data such as ID card on the applicant's face, Family Card, mother's name, This personal data can be used by scammers to borrow money online, on behalf of the applicant, so that debt collection will come to the applicant's address.
4. Asking for Money, scammers often ask for money even a small amount of around $3, and the money will be withdrawn after the applicant completes the first light task and will get $ 5, to complete the second task the applicant must deposit $ 20 and will get $ 30 and so on until it reaches hundreds of USD funds will be frozen to be able to be disbursed or withdrawn applicants must deposit about 60% of their balance. but the money will never be withdrawn.
What do you think, are you aware of scammers defrauding job seekers.

Scammers are clever, they make naive people fall for them, but the problem is naive people do not understand unless they are forced to. There was a time when I was also naive, and used to believe something like that, yet by help of family and experience I understood all these.
If you are old experienced, you might have got some such messages like a multi-millionier helpless girl has fallen for you, or some very rich guy made you Hite of his wealth and property, or you won a big lottery etc. I got all those types of emails, but understood everything while discussing such mails with family and friends.
Never fall for scammers by not only ignoring them, but also alerting others.

@Suba you nailed this one and got it so right. I once saw a job offer online and they said the salary for a cleaner is NGN45,000 monthly. I just smiled and I knew that the people that would fall for that kind of scan would get their hands seriously burnt.

And any job that they tell you to register with a certain amount before you are employed is definitely a scam. All you need to do to get jobs is to pass interviews. We have to be careful and vigilant not to fall victim to job scams.

When a thing is too good to be true, it is very likely it is a scam. Greed and insensitiveness make them easy prey for these scams. Also, they target people who are not stable and don't have a direction where they are going live. Desperation is also a major cause of people falling victim to scams.

For me I would I would say this: Ever since I ventured on the online earning world it's been almost Five years by now. So I must say that I have that experience though not much about how to be safe online. Firstly a scamming website would promise it's users the best incentives ever like a $100 sign up bonus, $50 per invitee referred by you and the highest pay rates for a PTC site for that matter.
So when you see this on a website claiming to be earning one you know that they are red flag or an alarm for a scamming website.
For instance you would see this on the high yield investment platforms normally in crypto currency. They normally claim to pay users 400-500% on return after investments after a day or so. They are mostly likely to be fraudulent and it's advisable to stay away from them unless you want to be robbed off your money.