10 Ways To Drive Targeted Traffic To Your Offer or Website and Make Money Online

Every affiliate marketer is looking for that key market that reaps the largest reward. You don’t need a magic formula when a simple plan can work wonders. Affiliate marketing isn’t rocket science, but you do need to have a strategy. It takes proven marketing principles, hard work and dedication.

As time goes on, things change and what may have worked yesterday is no longer effective today. The following 10 affiliate marketing tips, will help you to increase traffic & sales and become more successful online.

Tip #1 — It’s best to use unique web pages to promote each product you’re marketing. Don’t put all your products together on one page or website. Web hosting is not expensive and it’s best to have a site specifically focused on each product.

Tip #2 — Include product reviews on your site. This shows that you’ve actually used the product and how it compares to other similar products. A little research on competitive products can help you write a knowledgeable review.

Tip #3 — Testimonials are a must. I don’t know about you, but even though I know testimonials are a sales tool, when I read them, it does something to really compel me to buy the product. Your visitors are the same. Testimonials are just powerful juice for your web page. Ask your customers for testimonials. If they are happy with the product, they’re usually happy to comply. If you’re just starting out, you may be able to find testimonials on the product owner’s website.

Tip #4 — Offer a free report to your readers. The best place to advertise your free report is in the upper left corner of the page. Everyone looks there first and it’s proven to be the most effective spot. A “special” report will carry more weight than an autoresponder series. Make sure, however, that it is also unique and valuable to them or they won’t be back. And, of course, make sure they have to opt-in to your autoresponder before they can download the report.

Tip #5 — Create your list. There can be only one of two results when a potential customer visits your web page. You will either make a sale or the prospect will leave and probably never come back. By capturing their email address before giving them the free report in Tip #4, you can continue to remind them of your product which they may have wanted to purchase at a later date. Make sure that the emails they receive are directed toward specific reasons to buy the product and don’t make it sound like a sales pitch.

Tip #6 — Focus on benefits, not features. In other words, talk about how your product can save them time or help them make more money. Those are benefits. Include compelling subject lines without sounding like you are hyping the product.

Tip #7 — Targeted traffic is important. There’s a difference in types of web traffic. If you drive traffic to your site that isn’t interested in your product, it’s worthless regardless of the numbers. So, always focus on targeting the traffic to your product.

Writing articles for online ezines or other blogs is a great way to drive targeted traffic to your site. But, make sure you’re writing about the same subject as the product you’re trying to sell. Writing an article about RSS feeds if you’re trying to market real estate investing is a waste of time. I saw someone do this very thing today and had to just shake my head. What were they thinking! I actually published their article on my blog, which is related to affiliate marketing. It was a good article, but the traffic draw to their website will be minimal because the people reading my blog are not high profile prospects interested in real estate investing.

Tip #8 — Quality before quantity. Try to write as many “quality” articles per week as you can. I hear some people saying they write 10 articles per day. That’s absurd because you can’t possibly write 10 quality articles per day. You can probably draw the same numbers as they are with half as many “quality” articles. Each article should be about 300–600 words in length. By continuously writing and generating these articles you can create an ongoing flow of traffic to your site that continues to grow and expand over time.

Tip #9 — Submit classified ads. Submitting classified ads is old school marketing which still works.Thousands of visitors scour the online classified ads each day so You definitely want to have your ads listed with as many classified ads sites as possible. The problem is that it can be very time consuming submitting ads every month. But that problem is solved now with this classified ad submittion system. Click Here to submit your ad to over 1000 classified ad networks and you will begin to receive more traffic.

Tip #10 — Herculist ad mailer. This is personally how I got my first sale as an affiliate marketer and I still remember the shock I had when I saw that $19.97 commission. Any ways, herculist is like a giant list of email subscribers where you can submit free ads everyday. It has over 90,000 members and you can pay for some special promotions which give you more traffic but the free email ads work just fine. You can Join Herculist for free by Clicking Here

Thanks for reading this article. I’m sure if you take action on these steps, you will start to drive quality targeted traffic to your affiliate offer.