What do you think about pastors making money from church

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
To anyone reading this article, I don’t know where you are from but in my country, church has become one of the fastest ways to make money and to me I don’t think it should be that way, do not get me wrong, I mean no offense and I am not trying to point fingers at anyone. But these days, it is starting to seem like the money motivates them more than really doing the Lord’s work. I am not saying a man of God should not earn a living from that but it shouldn’t be the original motive like the way they are making it to be.
One of the sad parts is seeing them using every building as a church, to the extent that some will even rent an apartment to make it a worship space, should we say that they are so eager to worship God that they can’t do it in another church entirely, I mean, why go through the stress of renting a space just to worship God when you can easily count churches around you that will gladly welcome you. To me, it is starting to feel like there is something else behind the motive of work for the Lord.
If you are a Christian in the forum, please forgive me, I don’t mean to badmouth the religion.

Vladv26

My personal opinion is that churches are just a part big organization that is created with the purpose of making priests rich. I saw a documentary from my country that showed how all priests where organized in a structure and they were stealing money from the government and sharing it between them. They managed to do this because they had people from their organization infiltrated all around the government so they could easily optain sponsorships for every church they own.

Anyways, I personally never trusted the church and the priests. It's all just a big business and they are all getting rich from it. All priests have big houses, drive nice cars, and then they come and tell us that money and materialistic things doesn't matter. If money doesn't matter the why are they all dressed in gold clothes and jewelry and they live in this big houses and drive this nice cars?

Mika

VIP Contributor
Religion is a business, it is recession-proof, and also a tax-free business (in many countries, they don't tax religious institutes and religious leaders). Religion evolved as a governance system, and later when politics was seperated from the religion, or let say the state and religion were seperated, religion developed as a business.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Pastors are becoming more and more richer this era, as the holy venture has been turned into money making business. You can barely see a pastor in this modern era not living real fine. Infact, pastors constitute to among the richest people in the world. I heard pastors go around with body guards and bullet proofs cars..... funny though!

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I don't think this issue of pastor or church making money should be some thing that we should be discussing here because its stipulated in the rules that we should not discussed any thing that had to do with religion here.

An saying this because we have different religion people here and I think any thing that can leads to fight or abuse should not be entertain. Thanks.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I don't criticize them. They are accountable to God. I blame the gullible followers that believe every prophecy and think all problems are spiritual.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
My personal opinion is that churches are just a part big organization that is created with the purpose of making priests rich. I saw a documentary from my country that showed how all priests where organized in a structure and they were stealing money from the government and sharing it between them. They managed to do this because they had people from their organization infiltrated all around the government so they could easily optain sponsorships for every church they own.

Anyways, I personally never trusted the church and the priests. It's all just a big business and they are all getting rich from it. All priests have big houses, drive nice cars, and then they come and tell us that money and materialistic things doesn't matter. If money doesn't matter the why are they all dressed in gold clothes and jewelry and they live in this big houses and drive this nice cars?
Omo I like you for posting this, I understand your point perfectly that you are not trying to abuse Christian because I am also a Christian.. what do you are just saying is exactly the truth and most pastors nowadays are not really trusted. Most of them do not really have any other things to do than to depend on Church as the only source of providing them all the money they need. As I also understand in the olden days even the apostle who engages in evangelism also engage in their own work to provide them some money to take care of themselves than to depend on Church entirely as the only means of survival .in a situation like this they will not be able to carry out their mandates responsibility which God has given to them.. they will just be looking forward on how they will be able to get money from people to sustain them without looking s forward to preach to change people from their wicked ways.