My review on Crowdsurf, a transcription website.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Crowdsurf is a transcription website that gives the users opportunity to transcribe videos to texts in many languages. This not the only thing that you do on crowdsurf, you can edit and also review videos and works of others depending on the level that you are.

Who's eligible to work on crowdsurf? Virtually anybody can work on crowdsurf regardless of your country but the fact is that they do give much attention to citizens of America and Canada, meaning, you may be hired but find it difficult to be given tasks as a citizen of other countries.

How much can you make on crowdsurf? This will depend on many factors which may include the level at which you are working, the individual differences and the length of the videos you are working on.

How can I redeem money on crowdsurf? Crowdsurf uses a payment website called work market. Your money is paid to work market which then after making a threshold of $50 pay into either your bank account or Payoneer or PayPal account.

What are the pros of working on crowdsurf? You may be enlightened, know different cultures as you work on different videos ranging on different topics from different cultures and as well earn.

What are the cons of working on crowdsurf? The work volume for English speakers are reducing these days. Many days can go without you seeing a single task . Unlike before when there are too many works to be done.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Crowdsurf is a transcription website that gives the users opportunity to transcribe videos to texts in many languages. This not the only thing that you do on crowdsurf, you can edit and also review videos and works of others depending on the level that you are.

Who's eligible to work on crowdsurf? Virtually anybody can work on crowdsurf regardless of your country but the fact is that they do give much attention to citizens of America and Canada, meaning, you may be hired but find it difficult to be given tasks as a citizen of other countries.

How much can you make on crowdsurf? This will depend on many factors which may include the level at which you are working, the individual differences and the length of the videos you are working on.

How can I redeem money on crowdsurf? Crowdsurf uses a payment website called work market. Your money is paid to work market which then after making a threshold of $50 pay into either your bank account or Payoneer or PayPal account.

What are the pros of working on crowdsurf? You may be enlightened, know different cultures as you work on different videos ranging on different topics from different cultures and as well earn.

What are the cons of working on crowdsurf? The work volume for English speakers are reducing these days. Many days can go without you seeing a single task . Unlike before when there are too many works to be done.
Hi everyone here! Thank you very much for your informative thread about this transcription website. To be honest, I have never heard about this website before. I will definitely search for it and start using it. It is wonderful that you can transcribe videos to texts in many languages and also edit or review videos of other people. Thanks a lot again for taking the time to share with us this useful information about this transcription website. It is highly appreciated.

Nite

Valued Contributor
If the tasks have been reduced now, then the earnings will also be less. Plus, if you're living outside America and Canada then it will be even more difficult for you to earn. Anyways, those who have good typing skills and are residing in America or Canada might consider Crowdsurf as a side hustle, the website doesn't even require transcriptionists to have a lot of experience, only the basic requirements to join. I find their money redeeming process a little long-winded. You will need to join Work Market in order to get your payment. And, Work Market has $50 as their threshold amount, that means people will have to wait long for cashout until they reach that amount. Everyone would have find it very much easier if Crowdsurf paid directly to their Paypal or Payoneer account. One thing is good that anybody can earn here without having any previous transcription experience.

Last edited:

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Thanks @btaliat for sharing this information about this transcription site. It is a source of earning money online, but unfortunately for me, I've given up with anything called transcription, and translation of voice into texts. I tried that in the past, couldn't succeed due to poor hearing and lack of transcription equipments thar would have helped me alot to decode the information passed by the speakers. No problem, I'm still working in other projects, I wouldn't dualize myself because I am a human, what I can't achieve I rather let go, than struggling when I know I wouldn't make it there. I see transcription as time waster at the meantime, because I lack what it takes to succeed, so taking another step elsewhere was the best option I did for myself.