How to Bid Successfully

Jasz

VIP Contributor
We know how nerve-wracking it can be to bid on a job, you're nervous that you'll put in a lot of work and won't get the gig. But we're here to help.
Here are a few tips for bidding successfully:

Tip 1: Read the brief carefully and follow directions. If the client asks for something specific, make sure you give it to them as best you can. For example, if they ask for an outline, do it. If they ask for specific information about yourself or your company, include it. That's why this field is in the "Bid" section—we want to make sure the clients have everything they need to make an informed decision.

Tip 2: We encourage you to add any important information that wasn't included in the brief, as long as it's relevant to the job (and if there's space available). For example, if a client is looking for copy for an ad campaign, but didn't specify where the ads would run, you might want to mention your experience working with [specific platform] and how that will inform your approach to this project (or just mention that you have some good ideas).

Tip 3: Make sure your profile is up-to-date with all the information you listed about you. And submit before time. Don't wait for the eleventh hour, there might be technical issue.

Holicent

VIP Contributor

You should consider basic information Gathering. First things first: what do you need to know before you even think about starting to put your bid together? While every bid is going to be slightly different depending on the project, here are some good starting questions:

1) Who are you bidding for? What is their reputation? Are there any deals or projects that I would want to showcase and include in my bid?

2) Who will be making the decision about which bids get accepted? What are their interests and typical projects like? Do they like more technical information or more general details? Do they prefer one approach over another? How will they be evaluating my bid, and how should I structure it accordingly?

3) What is the budget for this project like, and how much flexibility do I have when determining pricing. You should know every detail.