How can employers handle and a responsible employee .

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
The employee's duty is to carry out assignment and tasks assigned to him by his or her manager, employer , or boss . This duty is very crucial if he or she wants to keep working as a staff in the company he or she works presently . But no matter how hard we try to say it , some numbers of employees working under various companies are irresponsible and undeligent . what exactly do you think should be done to sort an employee , probably your answer will be to sack and fire such employee , but on a more realistic sense that will be too harsh and cruel because sometimes it's better to hear the employees side of his or her story and why he or she have been irresponsible for the past numbers of days as noticed . Possibly the employee might be suffering from emotional or physical trauma .

ADVICE : when an irresponsible employee is noticed an employer can take the path to advise him or her , of what he or she has noticed about the employee , he must also make it clear to an employee that his or her job could be in jeopardy as a result of his irresponsible behaviour .

SPONSOR TRAINING : sometimes an employee's irresponsible behaviours and attitude is caused as a result of lacking the requisite training to participate in organisational activities and practices . The employer , can take the initiative to further sponsor training of the employees . And make them capable for work .

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
You are right, I was a bit confused with the topic as it appears there could be a kind of typographic error. But going through your post shed light on what the topic is about. I very much agree that an express firing of the irresponsible worker may not be the right way to go, but creating a special opportunity to hear them out mostly if they were not like that initially. But at the same time we must also look closely at the aim and objectives of the organization, no one will want to set up a business with a clear objective and at the not meet up with that set objective just because you have an employee has decided to be irresponsible. Again we must consider that when the advertisement for a job placement was made no one was forced to come and submit his or her resume. And during the course of undergoing the recruitment process every job seeker must have be informed about the job specifications and the job descriptions. More so the employee would have undergone some level of training before commencing his or her job. All these are done in a bid to equip the employee so as to achieve the organizational goals and objectives

Stena

First of all, being irresponsible means showing lack of Care for consequences. An irresponsible fellow is loose, unaccountable and unreliable. This is very different from someone being unenthusiastic or unmotivated.

As an employer, I would not wish to employ an irresponsible fellow in the first place. If peradventure, I get to watch an employee and notice that he or she is irresponsible, doing things in a care free manner, not abiding by the rules of my organization, I would call such to order.
It is important to know why an employee would behave in an irresponsible manner, so it is right to sit him or her down, hear from them, and give out strict warning.

If it is a staff who has been unenthusiastic or not motivated for sometime, the employer should be eager to find out what area such a staff need help and try to profer solution.

Tolerating an irresponsible staff is not a wise thing to do. As a manager or employer who is goal oriented, it is expected to see that your staff are in the same boat as you. Personally, after issuing a strict warning to the defaulter and still notice an irresponsible behaviour, I would fire him or her.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't really know how most employees always have to behave irresponsibly in any business organisation they were being employed to work , to me that's not the best and in this case the employers has the right to do whatever he or she likes .

If you are irresponsible obviously , that means you are not performing the activities you were being employed to do and even if you are doing it you're not doing it to the satisfaction of your employers.

If I am employing someone into my business organisation and the person is not willing to work accordingly or the person is acting irresponsibly, The best thing I will do is to disqualified the person or the person is suspended.

Irresponsible employees in business organisation can be very dangerous because they won't even be able to handle complicated activities in the business.

In most cases if I see someone that is able to take their responsibilities seriously , I will have to replace the irresponsible one with someone that is responsible and someone that actually understand the function for which he or she was being employed to do . I cannot withstand having a business failure because of irresponsible people.