Earning from Transcription

Gold619

This is one of the classic online work opportunities and well-suited to picking up in your downtime. All you need to do basic transcription is the ability to listen and type what you hear – correctly – at a respectable typing speed. On average, it’s best if your typing speed is around 65 WPM and that you can maintain the accuracy of at least 95%, though you’ll find that most transcription opportunities urge you to maintain 99% accuracy. Many transcription companies pay per audio hour transcribed, so it’s in your best interests to be as quick and accurate as possible to maximize your earnings. You can often make more by having the background to specialize in medical or legal transcription.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Transcription services are a real opportunity for freelancers. It is one of the most popular services on Fiver, Elance, Up work and other freelance sites, because it pays well and you can get a lot of work if you are good. Transcription is basically typing out content that has been recorded. The most common types of transcription include interviews, podcasts, phone calls, and speeches. Anyone who has an audio recording can hire a freelancer to transcribe it.

There are lots of people searching for transcription services. But there are only a few companies that can provide quality services. If you want to earn from this business, you need to be one of the best in the market. If you have experience in transcribing and editing audio and video files, this job is for you.

Skysaint

Verified member
This is quite a job and I bet it is not just a kind of job anybody will venture into without practicing with extensively in other to meet with all these near professional requirements.
No wonder why the job ain't that rampant around here. Although I attended a computer training back then in highschool but I couldn't reach that speed you speak of, and I was busy thinking I was so fast with typing.
But for someone who meets with this requirements, how will he be able to apply for a job online or maybe is just another offline based job?