General insurance Does insurance company cover for expired rents

Phabbyfundz

This is also a matter to consider as some people would want to know if buying a property insurance would it also cover for people who are not the owners of the house but have an insurance plan.
In times when maybe the rent of the client expires and he couldn't afford to renew their rent due to some unfortunate event would an insurance company cover for the payment of the house rents for their clients who purchased an insurance plan or policy with them.
If you know of an about any insurance company or you have heard of a scenario where the insurance company actually covered for the expired of their clients who are unable to pay for their rents, and paid the rent for them. You could share with us because I have been pondering on this for a while now

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The question is not direct. In the first instance, who purchased the insurance for the house? If it is for the owner, the insurance policy doesn't cover the tenants. Secondly, which type of insurance is the tenant having? It cannot be house insurance policy because it is meant for house owners and not tenants.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The question is not direct. In the first instance, who purchased the insurance for the house? If it is for the owner, the insurance policy doesn't cover the tenants. Secondly, which type of insurance is the tenant having? It cannot be house insurance policy because it is meant for house owners and not tenants.
Your explanation is valid. To the best of my knowledge house insurance is mostly for home owners so I don't think it's about tenants not paying rent but for incident like fire outbreak or collapse of the building. Something that just happened natural without any cause. Tenant non payment should be tackle by a lawyer instead

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Home insurance is usually done by the owners of the house and i don't think the tenant have the right to do any insurance pertaining the house because it is not theira coupled to the fact that the tenancy will still expire. So i don't think there is any insurance like that.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Am not sure if there is any insurance cover for such thing , the only one I know about is house insurance policy , but for the expired tenant insurance it's more likely to occur , so I don't think there would be any cover for such too unlike others tho

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Expired rents are definitely not covered by insurance companies. Because it is obviously outdated and it was known that it would happen because the expiry date would be stated on the receipt so for someone to try to insure such thing, it is an act of playing smart with the insurer

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Expired rents are definitely not covered by insurance companies. Because it is obviously outdated and it was known that it would happen because the expiry date would be stated on the receipt so for someone to try to insure such thing, it is an act of playing smart with the insurer
The insurance company are also wise , they won't want to cover what would make them loss , they know that definitely expired rent would always happen as the occurance level is high and it's the fault of the tenants , so they would not want to cover such risk and end up in debt paying tenant expired rent