Do you prefer working from home or office jobs

Carpon

Valued Contributor
People have different views on matters and even in the aspect of work, some will have preference for office work rather than jobs which they can do from home.

I will like to hear your views on which is better and more preferred and may be stating a few reasons for that your choice. I will share mine briefly below.

Personally, I think that office jobs are my preference even though I happily work from home. I feel more professional when am working in an office rather than working casually from home.

Most home jobs are online and there are many limitations I have. If I decide to major on that, it will mean that I will at times be unable to do enough and make enough from the jobs.

But nevertheless, home jobs gives you so much freedom and you do it with much comfort unlike the office jobs where you may at times work under pressure.

King bell

VIP Contributor
There are pros and cons to both working from home and office jobs. Personally, I prefer working from home because I can control my environment more and I don't have to commute. However, some people prefer office jobs because they like the social interaction and the structure of an office. Ultimately, it depends on what you value and what works better for you. For me, I find that I am more productive and happier when I work from home. This is because I can design my own space to be conducive to productivity, I can take breaks when I want, and I don't have to deal with office politics or small talk. But it depends on individual perspective and time factors. I take working from home to be the most productive and less disturbing. That is why I mainly focus on freelancing sites and forum posting jobs that can be done almost anywhere in the world.

Finger Geek

Verified member
If I am asked 100 times my answer will remain working from home. I have tried doing offline jobs before but I am not always free as I am occupied with work and when I have free time, I use it to sleep because I would have been tired. But with online job, I get to choose time to work myself and there are plenty of time for me to do many things.

There are many advantages in working online to offline. Even to operate an online business is far better than offline business as the business can be easily monitored. Online business does not require much money as the money to rent a space will be out of it , only to have a website or use social media to market your business. Another thing is that I can easily earn some change when I need it. But with offline job, I will have to beg to work if work is not available.

Heartstrings

If you ask me,I will always prefer working from,it gives me more time to take care of my personal needs and my personal space. It's more fun to me when I work from home,there is this happiness I derived from it, working from home has it's own stress on it's own but to me I think an office jobs are more stressful, especially if you are under much pressures and at the same time trying your best to impress your employer. God help you if you have a bad boss.

Online jobs will even give me much needed space and time,I have seen a situation where someone who works in an office has no time for herself,she doesn't eat healthy foods,always busy with works even when at home, meetings here and there and I always wonder how she does it because I can never put myself in so much pressure, except that is the only last job option for me in the whole world.

King bell

VIP Contributor
There are pros and cons to both working from home and office jobs. Some people prefer the flexibility and freedom that comes with working from home, while others prefer the structure and social interaction of an office job. Ultimately, it comes down to what works best for you and your lifestyle.

If you enjoy working independently and don't mind having less social interaction, then a home office job might be a good fit for you. You'll be able to create your own schedule and take breaks when you need them. However, you may miss out on the camaraderie that comes with working in an office.

On the other hand, office jobs can be great for people who thrive in a more structured environment. You'll have set hours and you'll be surrounded by other people. This can make office jobs more enjoyable for some people, but it can also be more stressful. If you don't like working in a traditional office setting, then a home office job might be a better option for you.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Those that work from their home may do so because of the nature of their jobs. For many people that work online or are into remote working, it may be necessitated for them to work from home. They may not need to have office before they get themselves done with the tasks.

And as well, those that are into some kind of business or jobs that require meeting people may be forced to work in the office where they will meet new faces for their jobs and businesses.

Personally, I will prefer working from home as I love being convenient.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I prefer working in an office space because it makes me to interact with human beings, I don't need any discipline to get work done, i just wake up and get to work, zero discipline needed and you have to be accountable to your employees too, but working from home have a lot of barriers that needs to be scaled through before you can work at an optimal level.

There are also other stuffs like improving your communication skills and your dressing skills, remote work is actually cool if you don't like interactions with people and you prefer your own space.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I understand that an office space allows you to interact with people which could be good for your mental sanity. But remember, that only holds true for an organisation that has a healthy working environment. For the one that doesn't have, working in the office would even choke you and destroy the little bit of mental health that you have. For me, I have been working from home lately and I have to say that it has it's beautiful and challenging sides. But it has been all good because I enjoy the freedom that comes with Work From Home.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
For now I prefer to work from home. There is a better work-life balance with working online or from home and there is a control over your work schedule,

People who work from home can save a great deal of money as you don't have to transport yourself to anywhere or have to buy work clothes . So unnecessary needs can be reduced or eliminated from one's spending entirely.

Working online can help when it comes to attending to the needs of one's personal life.