Blogging Vs. Forum Posting: Where Do You Earn More

Mika

VIP Contributor
Blogging means you create a website, publish a lot of articles, run ads, and make money when visitors to your blog engage with your ads.

Forum posting means you join online communities that pay for posting short content (some forums also pay for long content) and make money from your posts.

While blogging requires you to spend money to create a site and also maintain a site, forum posting will let you earn without spending any money on site maintenance.

These two are popular ways to make money online. In your opinion, which one will make you more money?

I blog as well as post on forums, I make money from my blog as well as from forum posting. I make more money from my blog compared to forum posting. Does this mean blogging is more beneficial than forum posting?

Well, blogging is of course beneficial but for your blog to work, you need to work really hard, which might mean working for free for over a year.

If you are not generating traffic on your blog, you cannot earn from your blog. Even when you receive some traffic, you will still be unable to earn from your blog. In order to earn from your blog, you need substantial amount of traffic. Think about having at least 200-300 views on your blog. Sadly, this is not possible for a lot of bloggers, especially those who have recently started. Interestingly, when you start creating forum posts on the platforms where you are paid for posting, you will be earning immediately. If you spend 1-2 hours every day on paid to post forms, you might be able to make $10-$20 in a month but to make that amount from your blog you really have to work hard. However, if you are hard working, and if you believe blogging pays, you can continue to work in your blog and in the long run you will be able to generate revenue.