As An Employer, How Do You Handle Customers Complaint?

Rachael

Verified member
There are many challenges an employer goes through but on the outward look, we onlookers may think that they are only busy making profits with absolutely no challenges which is a wrong assertion. Employers do go through a lot of daily challenges and this could influence the growth of the business negatively. Handling complaints is not only limited to the customers but also to the employees as well. There are different ways in which employers handle complaint at both angles and the ability to handle them effectively would promote the business growth. In business, an employer needs to be slow to react to even annoying or triggering situation although, there are some customers that could be so rude and tend to use the popular slogan of 'customers are always right,' to get through the flesh of employers but the ability to handle even rude customers in a polite way would enhance productivity in the long run. A typical case is the problem that ensued between my Aunt who operates a mini boutique, where she sells female shoes. It happened where a customer purchased a shoe and paid for it, and after two weeks, she came to the shop to complain that she does not like the shoe anymore and needed a prompt refund. My aunt was skeptical and confused, because the shoe was bought by the customer directly, she even tried it on in the shop before payment was made. Well, after all the back and forth, the money was refunded, only for my aunt to notice that this girl who claimed she had not made use of the shoes, used it for her birthday photoshoot and also to attend a wedding, my aunt discovered it through her Facebook page. Now, my question is, if you were in such situation, would you refund the money like my aunt did? Certainly I would never refund the money after a space of two weeks interval.

I've not gotten to the stage where I am an employer of labour but despite this fact, I have some managerial skills which I can share here for others to learn. From the explanation you gave, it is such a sad event that your aunt had to go through such experience. It is the joy of every business owner to sell his goods and it becomes very disheartening when he or she thinks the goods are sold and it just gets returned and a refund is demanded. I can understand the feeling because when I operated my poultry farm, I had customers buy on credit, with the hopes of retaining my customers but it backfired because they refused to pay despite my pleas and it led to the collapse of my business in 2019.

There will always be arrogant customers and those who would purposely get on your nerves just so they can rightly quote that, "customers are always right." The best way to handle customers complaint is to be prompt. But prompt, I mean, whenever a complaint is laid, act on it immediately and do not delay or procrastinate. If the problem is beyond your control or it is from your direct suppliers, then it would be best if you cheat yourself just to satisfy the customer.

Customer service is usually one of the top headaches that businesses usually face because it is usually sometimes impossible for you to please everybody . But then it is important that you should try your best and trying to keep everybody to and understandable limit at least.

Businesses are usually going to encounter three different kind of customer complaints. There are some that are normal complaints like failure to receive an order on time or inability to be able to make a purchase . There are also some complaints that you might be receiving that are targeted at that meeting your image and this is something that you should always take in high regard . There are also complaints that can prove to be valuable feedback depending on how the customer place is it that you can use him to improve your business .

Regardless of the type of complaints that they are putting out it is important that you should listen to them very well and understand whatever they're saying . You shouldn't try to solve their problem or if possible you should release an official statement about your company goals and also what you stand for in case of those that want to tarnish your image.

Like they say, there is never a smoke without fire, I think the best way to handle complains as an employer is to find out the root cause. Customers would never complain if they are satisfied. Though there are times where the complains could be unreasonable, but it would be better if you try to find out the root cause of the complaint, discuss with your employees and find out if there is a way to prevent such events from happening again.

Customers can be so funny and annoying in their characters and the way they complain at times. Some customers treat employers as if they are slaves and that they have all the right to talk to workers anyhow.
Many customers believe that since they pay workers from the money they brought into the organization, therefore, they have all the right to do as they like and treat employers as if they own the business.
As employers, you must be very careful when dealing with customers complaints in order not to loss them. Since they are the ones who are putting food on your table. One has to patient to, when dealing with them. Being patient is a tool you can use to make them stay with you.
More so, listening to the complaints of your customers and trying to make amends or adjust the a little is another tool one can use as an employer. If customers complaints is about price of the goods, you can find a solution by giving them some discount in the goods.
Making customers to believe that they are stakeholders in the business can also make them to stay with you. You must also address your customers in a polite way too.

Customers complaints is one thing that cannot be avoided in a business no matter how smooth flow in an easy flow in your business in one occasion or another customer , clients, and consumers will always make and lay complaints can sending something that was uncomfortable or unsatisfied by them . is it a business owner on the business employer whose duty and task is to manage and control any activity that goes on the business you also have the ability and the duty to handle complaints made by various consumer , clients , and customers . to effectively handle complaints made by consumers , customers , or clients you must first of all listen to what the unhappy or unsatisfied consumer , customer , or client has to say . If the problem is the one that could be retrievable you must go ahead to solve the issue and make their unhappy or unsatisfied consumer or clients happy and satisfied again .

As the business employer or manager , you are not needed to add fuel to an already started fire , rather your duty and task is to extinguish the fire . Solving the issue between your unhappy clients and customers shows that you indeed care about their happiness , comfortability , and satisfaction .

Business can not strive without the input of customers and because I know that customers are always king I try to listen to all their complaints. I take a cue from myself if a seller ignore my complains I will never patronize such a person so I know same can be done by any customer to my business as well. So it will hetter to treat the customer complaints the way I would want mine to be treated

so it is to listen to the complaint no matter how silly it might sound and try to get everything sorted out.

Give the customer the assurance that the problem would be sorted by the appropriate department.

There should be a timely response to the complaints , this is where customer service should be top notch. Don't keep the customer waiting and don't be inna haste to cut the customer off. customer finds that kind of behavior very offensive.

The customer should be given a great treatment even with all the complaints and lastly, the complaints should be resolved. ofcourse this was what the customer wanted done with the complaints in the first place, so bottom line one needs to find a way to resolve all issues and be sure that the customer is satisfied with the response.

As a business owner since you are not the one that will directly handle the situation , it is always very important for you to employ someone that is capable of handling the situation perfectly because this is among one of the sensitive area of your business that needs someone with understanding.

In most cases the customers are always right and that is true because they are to be provided with the best service and if they are complaining about the poor service you are offering on to them , you are to react calmly and not to make the whole thing becomes something else.

People without exposure or immature people are likely to react badly when customers complain about something that they are not happy. By reacting like this you are making things quite difficult for your business because no one will always like to deal with people with bad character.

As a business owner , you try as much as possible to make sure that your customer service replied gently and act calmly when situation like that arises, handling customers is very important and when is done perfectly , it will help give good review about your business and also the other way around when done badly.