You can become a citizen of El Salvador if you have 3 BTC.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
El Salvador is a country in central America. It is the first country In the world to accept Bitcoin as a legal tender, this was made known by the President Nayib Bukele. This now means that they now have the USD and BTC as their official Currencies.

The country is also offering free citizenship to anyone who has up to 3 BTC. This is a step that I believe is Aimed at attracting crypto currencies enthusiast to invest in their country.

What do you think about this, would you accept free citizenship from El Salvador if you had up to 3 BTC?
I believe this step would make their citizens to also utilize crypto currencies generally and make good money if they want to, unlike people living in countries where crypto currencies have been banned.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
El Salvador is the first country in the world to adopt bitcoins as stated in the Wikipedia. The recent means of acquiring its citizenship will be a way of promoting bitcoins. The only issue I can only see is that the country is not that much populated. So the impact may not be felt. But if people thrive to be their citizens as they have thrown it open, there may be rise in the piece of bitcoins.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
That is a very good development emanating from El Salvador. the country has a very bright future and at the same time they have seen the potential house in Bitcoin and in crypto currency generally. A lot of people are adopting cryptocurrency on daily basis and of course this has given a lot of people the opportunity to make money.

Jonsnowtr

Wow. that's great info. I would definitely become a citizen of El Salvador. That would be a great conversation starter, lol.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
With such record being snapped up by El-salvador as the first country adopting BTC as its legal tender. Now they have two currencies, their first Fiat currency and BTC being their alternative option. Assume i have such amount of BTC I'll just go and earn citizenship and come back too. It will simply be a dual citizenship for me.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If the US will give free citizenship to holders of 5 or even 10 Bitcoin then I'm sure many of my countrymen would avail of that opportunity. But with El Salvador, what kind of country is that? To be frank, being a citizen because the Bitcoin possession is shady to me. It might be a lure that can cause problems later on.

Mika

VIP Contributor
After rallying around $36K for a couple of weeks, bitcoin rose to $40K because El Salvador accepting bitcoin. However, I was not aware that the country wishes to give citizenship to those who are willing to invest 3 BTC. Based on the current price 3 BTC is about $120,000, which seems to be a lot of money for investment.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
yes my master have told me about this thing that if you have an opportunity to invest this amount of BTC in the El Salvador economy you stand a chance of becoming a citizen, that is a great opportunity for a lot of crypto investors that have up to three BTC. The world is soon realizing the function of cryptocurrency.