Will Russia's Plan Of Regulating Cryptocurrencies Have An Impact On Cryptocurrency Price?

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
If they succeed in doing so, then there may be a way for them to influence Bitcoin in some ways. Which is bad for the growth of cryptocurrencies. I think it's one of the doctrines of Bitcoin to be anonymous. It's not some central authority toys....That's why Bitcoin is unique. It's transactions should remain unknown and untraceable.

Talking of laundering....Is laundering not happening with fait?

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Until now the effect of the China's ban on crypto is still being felt in the crypto industry. Most of the popular crypto coins cannot go back to their previous price in the market. If Russian will declare a ban then that will probably cripple the crypto industry. Now this question on my mind - why do such countries are banning crypto coins?
I believe that those countries are banning cryptocurrencies because they will soon initiate and launch their own digital currencies and they don't want Bitcoin or the other Alt coins to halt or thwart their initiation. This is why I fear for cryptocurrencies's durability. Because if countries begin to ban it, the price may become so low.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
It would surely have an effect on the price of crypto currency because when tough regulation is been implemented on crypto currency and most especially when taxation is been included , because that was what affected the price of crypto currency when the us government was making the move to introduce taxation in crypto currency

Destinyfejiro

Cryptocurrencies are a great thing and it is considered a kind of blessing for many people around the world. Unfortunately, many people are misusing this blessing for wrong purposes. It has been proven that cryptocurrencies are being used for money laundering and some other kind of unethical and criminal activities. So now Russia has planned to develop a strategy that would help the government to regulate cryptocurrencies so that they can track down criminals who use cryptocurrencies for illegal purposes. The Russian government is having a difficult time tracking crypto users because cryptocurrencies are really hard to track. Do you think that the current move by the Russian government will have any effect on the price of cryptocurrencies? Please do share your views. Thanks!
I think they would try but it's really hard to regulate crypto currency, moreover they really can't know how much you have in your wallet. there are various app that doesn't really need KYC......so I think it would be successful

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Until now the effect of the China's ban on crypto is still being felt in the crypto industry. Most of the popular crypto coins cannot go back to their previous price in the market. If Russian will declare a ban then that will probably cripple the crypto industry. Now this question on my mind - why do such countries are banning crypto coins?

Josemendez

Verified member
Okay bro...But I just believe if most countries cut their ties with you as a country then you are on your own! Almost all the countries are part of the IMF group, imagine being removed from the organization, which country will support you. The same thing goes for Bitcoin, most powerful countries have enough resources to disrupt the functionality of Bitcoin, which may affect so many investors.
Until this happens then bitcoin will still thrive. Now , consider this . There are some countries that have made indian hemp illegal but it doesn't made them to stop trading with countries that allow indian hemp to be used in the country.
The only challenge people will have with bitcoin is when they make it as a legal tender ,if they just allow it to be used in the country , international monetary fund won't have any issue with them .

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
In this aspect , I think counties can only be enemies to any cryptocurrency within their own country , they cannot come to another people's country to criticize it. It is similar to what is happening in El Salvador. Even the international monetary fund cannot stop them , they may only ban them from their association.
Okay bro...But I just believe if most countries cut their ties with you as a country then you are on your own! Almost all the countries are part of the IMF group, imagine being removed from the organization, which country will support you. The same thing goes for Bitcoin, most powerful countries have enough resources to disrupt the functionality of Bitcoin, which may affect so many investors.

Josemendez

Verified member
If Russia team up with some of the other mighty countries of the world. Then, Bitcoin might be gathering too many enemies.
In this aspect , I think counties can only be enemies to any cryptocurrency within their own country , they cannot come to another people's country to criticize it. It is similar to what is happening in El Salvador. Even the international monetary fund cannot stop them , they may only ban them from their association.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Russia is not quite a popular figure in the cryptocurrency world, so their actions won't really affect the cryptocurrency world that much negatively but will make it attractive for other countries ,because by regulating cryptocurrency they have to first of all accept it in the country. I only hope that the regulation will not be challenging on users.
Well that's really the fact! I don't think it's going to have so much effect as we thought but we should look at it other way around too. What if, it does influence the price and the rate at which people adopts it. If Russia team up with some of the other mighty countries of the world. Then, Bitcoin might be gathering too many enemies. Which is not bright for Bitcoin ecosystem.

Josemendez

Verified member
Russia is not quite a popular figure in the cryptocurrency world, so their actions won't really affect the cryptocurrency world that much negatively but will make it attractive for other countries ,because by regulating cryptocurrency they have to first of all accept it in the country. I only hope that the regulation will not be challenging on users.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Cryptocurrencies are a great thing and it is considered a kind of blessing for many people around the world. Unfortunately, many people are misusing this blessing for wrong purposes. It has been proven that cryptocurrencies are being used for money laundering and some other kind of unethical and criminal activities. So now Russia has planned to develop a strategy that would help the government to regulate cryptocurrencies so that they can track down criminals who use cryptocurrencies for illegal purposes. The Russian government is having a difficult time tracking crypto users because cryptocurrencies are really hard to track. Do you think that the current move by the Russian government will have any effect on the price of cryptocurrencies? Please do share your views. Thanks!

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It is just a move to regulate crypto currencies and not a ban so I do not think it is ever going to negatively impact the Price of different crypto currencies that we have. It is just going to enabled them to do away with people who want to use crypto Currencies for wrong reasons. It's better than banning crypto currencies.
If that's the case, then we're given them thumps up for trying to give Cryptocurrency security and reduce the high level of money laundering scandals. That is the few out of the objectives they crave on the mind to establish. But it seems they'll be hitting around the bush cos others have tried to handle such and they failed halfway through. Crypto is anonymous, and that's one of the reason too why it is created.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It baffles me why cryptocurrency gains this enormous popularity withing its short life of existence. The founder of crypto knows and has a mission for introducing it. And if anything has to be done, he should be contacted. Crypto users have known the imminent risk in it before venturing into it, so what's the fuss about government all about? Do they really worry about us being duped ?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
It is just a move to regulate crypto currencies and not a ban so I do not think it is ever going to negatively impact the Price of different crypto currencies that we have. It is just going to enabled them to do away with people who want to use crypto Currencies for wrong reasons. It's better than banning crypto currencies.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I think in the end they will just end up banning Bitcoin as many other countries have already done. As far as I am concerned, I think that it is absolutely impossible to ban cryptocurrencies because I do not think that the government will send police to check each and every house to see if the family living in the house is owning crypto coins. Similarly, I do not think that the Russian government can actually regulate the coin and check if each and every person has got himself or herself identified as the owner of his or her own coins. It is very easy to hide crypto coins because it is a digital asset.
That's just it dear. The government controlling Cryptocurrency can't work cos externals control it and not meant for them to control that's why they're banning it, for those countries who have grown too frustrated about such fact. Since it is anonymous, it means they can't track anyone in the house checking the phone if you use it or not, if not that will be tagged ridiculous indeed.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Hmm, don't even think Russian plans to regulate Cryptocurrency will come to fruition since they never received the backing from other successful Bitcoin countries. BTC and other Cryptocurrencies are simply anonymous with unknown creators who anonymously regulate the price, and gives direction how the coin should operate on.

I think in the end they will just end up banning Bitcoin as many other countries have already done. As far as I am concerned, I think that it is absolutely impossible to ban cryptocurrencies because I do not think that the government will send police to check each and every house to see if the family living in the house is owning crypto coins. Similarly, I do not think that the Russian government can actually regulate the coin and check if each and every person has got himself or herself identified as the owner of his or her own coins. It is very easy to hide crypto coins because it is a digital asset.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I really doubt if cryptocurrencies can be regulated to 100 percent because there are many ways to store cryptocurrencies anonymously without allowing the government to know about how much amount we hold. There are many software-based wallets that do not require KYC and hard wallets certainly do not require any kind of KYC, so I really doubt if the Russian plan will be successful.
Hmm, don't even think Russian plans to regulate Cryptocurrency will come to fruition since they never received the backing from other successful Bitcoin countries. BTC and other Cryptocurrencies are simply anonymous with unknown creators who anonymously regulate the price, and gives direction how the coin should operate on.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
If Russian government will come up with an idea to regulate Cryptocurrency, and stop the money laundering scandals, and other criminal issues around crypto, that will surely make sense. Crypto needs regulate just like PayPal regulated its banking institutions and banned lots of fraudsters using their platform for commanding fraudulent transactions.

I really doubt if cryptocurrencies can be regulated to 100 percent because there are many ways to store cryptocurrencies anonymously without allowing the government to know about how much amount we hold. There are many software-based wallets that do not require KYC and hard wallets certainly do not require any kind of KYC, so I really doubt if the Russian plan will be successful.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
If Russian government will come up with an idea to regulate Cryptocurrency, and stop the money laundering scandals, and other criminal issues around crypto, that will surely make sense. Crypto needs regulate just like PayPal regulated its banking institutions and banned lots of fraudsters using their platform for commanding fraudulent transactions.