Life insurance Will Life Insurance Cover Death From Covid?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
One of the reason some people go for health insurance is that they want their family members to well off when they are no more.

The major thing needs to be done by the person who is doing life insurance is to pay premium regularly.

This is the reason why it is good to have a business that brings passive income that will fund the premium always.

Not everybody is well inclined with building business, but it is good to have a regular source of income to finance the life insurance someone is doing.

One the client give up ghost, the insurance companies will do necessary checks and roll out the fund to the family members.

But I want to ask that can insurance pay if it happens that the client died as a result of Covid?

Mika

VIP Contributor
When the first Covid care appeared in my home country, the government suggested the insurance companies provide covid insurance. The insurance was not to cover for death but instead to cover the medical bills when the insured person got Covid. Unless written in black and white, life insurance will surely provide Covid coverage

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Of course, if an insurer have a whole life insurance, before his death I don’t think that will stop the insurer from getting compensated, except the terms and conditions exclude it, but if not, no matter the type of death, he will still eventually get compensated because it is his right

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
They would surely cover such , I think what helped some people then during the covid19 pandemic was the insurance policy they bought for covering risk , because the government was really busy solving other contingent issues and like covid19 Covid19, so the insurance have to provide health benefits for their clients

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@Mandy96 I am asking this question because of the terms and conditions of some insurance companies. Some of them may claim that pandemic outbreak is not part of the terms and condition of their companies. They might decided not to pay the family of the deceased clients in full pointing to terms and conditions.

uforwealth

Verified member
I think it should because covid-19 is categorised under illness or diseases that can have adverse effect on our health.

One of the primary functions of health insurance companies is to assess the damages or losses to the policyholder , file them with the assistance of an adjuster and pay compensation according to the policy bidding the insurer and the insured.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Covid 19 is a novel disease that I believe most insurance companies may not even have provision for. But due to the increment of the case, there won't be a surprise if it is included on some health insurance policy. But I am very sure the package will be too expensive for common man

Good luck

Verified member
Life insurance should cover death toll during the pandemic for those that have life insurance plan.infact it will be of great benefit to the beneficiary since they have insured their life on such plan.l know a lot of insurance company will have been affected during the pandemic due to a lot of life loss and most life are insured for life.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
To my level of knowledge about insurance generally, life insurance will cover death from COVID because it’s neither a death caused by accident nor caused intentionally or suicidal. COVID is a pandemic disease and if the demise happens to have bought the insurance a long time before the event, then the client will be covered

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you have health insurance and if your insurance policy provides coverage against all mind of health complications, you can get coverage for Covid infections as well as Covid deaths. The main point to consider is what kind of terms are included in your policy documents. You need to read carefully.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
It depends on the kind of agreement you have with the insurance company because there are some insurance policies that covers death and some other things. Some also have to do it if the person actually died from an epidemic or pandemic. So it is largely dependent on the kind of policy it is.