Why You Slack in Your Business

Jasz

VIP Contributor
1. You're unsure of what to do.

You don't have much business knowledge. Although you may be aware of the direction the industry is taking, you are still getting used to the terrain.

2. You lack self-awareness

Many of us begin as consultants or independent contractors and work on projects that are uncomfortable for us. When something goes well, we assume it's occurring at work and force ourselves to do more identical initiatives. But it can be difficult for us to stand back up if those endeavors start to fail.

3. You lack time for other activities.

I've discovered that there is no such thing as a free lunch after beginning my own business. There is no room for me to take on any obligations outside of my own business (unless they are enjoyable). If I have time for other activities, I'm not working enough on my own business and thus, I'm not making enough money (which means less balance with my family).

4. You worry about failing.

Although it may seem clear, because they want everything now, most individuals don't even give failure a chance in their plans. But failing isn't always horrible; it can actually be a learning experience.

Miki1

People tend to slack in business when they're not business oriented yet force themselves to do business because they have the resources. Another thing is not paying attention to your business. Time and commitment is key in everything in our lives if we truly want to make progress. So when we show laziness in our work or businesses, we don't expect to get a positive results. One other thing is also handing over your business to careless people. People who don't have self orientation can not do well for themselves so therefore can not do anything meaningful for you if you put your business in their care. Not ready to invest more in your business will not make you get the outcome you want.

Rubz

I feel the major reason people slack off in their business is lack of passion for the business and also lack of motivation. When one does not like what one is doing, or when one does not see any reason to do what one is doing, one tends to slack off.
The fear of failure is another reason people slack off in their business. People who are scared they will fail even without trying or when they face little issues often lose interest or tend to slack off in their business.
People also slack in their business when they are naturally lazy. Some people are naturally very lazy and they do not want to do anything. These kind of people would not be able to take their business seriously leading to a slack in their business or even failure of their business.