Why You Should Give a Second Thought Before Quitting Your Job

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Why you should give a second thought before quitting your job. Think about these:

1. You'll lose money.

If you quit a job without having another one lined up, it's likely that you won't be able to find a new job for at least a couple weeks (and probably longer). During that time, you're not earning an income—and if your car payment is due or your rent check is due soon after quitting, you could end up losing quite a bit of money in the interim period.

2. You'll have trouble finding another job.

It's no secret that people who have been laid off or fired tend to have more difficulty finding employment than those who left on their own term, even if they're qualified and experienced candidates! Potential employers will often assume that someone didn't leave their last position voluntarily, which can hurt their chances of getting hired at other companies.

3. It could set a bad precedent for future positions you apply for.

In addition to being less likely to get offers from employers who aren't familiar with your work history, some companies may also view resignations negatively as a sign that candidates aren't committed enough to stick around long enough to make real connections within an organization, which a bad one.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
If you are thinking about quitting your job, consider this: quitting is never the right choice. Quitting is a decision that should be made with careful consideration, because it can have serious consequences in your professional and personal life. First off, quitting a job is a risk, it could mean losing paychecks, benefits, and even housing. If you're planning on quitting soon, make sure that you've saved up enough money to survive for a few months without an income.

Secondly, quiting can have an emotional impact on both you and your coworkers. Leaving the workplace can leave coworkers feeling betrayed or hurt by your decision to leave without giving them sufficient notice. You might also feel guilty or sad about leaving them behind while they continue working at the same company. Finally, quitting means giving up on something that might be worth fighting for. Maybe there's something wrong with your current position that could be fixed by speaking up or seeking out help from management. Maybe you'll find another position at another company where you'll thrive more than ever before.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You are right because I have seen people make this mistake and regret badly at the end of the day. I know some days at a job can be draining but resigning just at a snap isn't the best thing to do because you would be causing more harm to yourself

I'm not an advocate of one staying in a bad job because apparently it might just change the course of one's life permanently. I know what a bad Job can do to one both emotionally and otherwise. But the best way to sort that out is to look for a new job as quickly as possible. You can reduce the rate at which you work so that you put more effort in getting a new job and hope that the new job just be the kind of job you would love to do.

Just leaving a job as stated will make one to lose money because the manager or employer can come up with the option of not paying you and you would lose money because you have decided to step aside on your own.

So I agree that instead tossing aside a job to sit back and look for another, you should rather keep it still you see another.