Why You Need to Become an Expert on the Topic you are Blogging?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you talk to experienced bloggers or read from old bloggers, they will always tell you that you need to be an expert on the topic you are blogging about. For example, if you are blogging about finance and investment, you need to have above average knowledge and information on finance and investment.

However, in the blogging world, you can see a lot of bloggers publishing on the topics they do not know about. For example, a person who knows nothing about film making process and does not understand the elements of movies, writes and publishes movie reviews. A person who cannot afford to wear a designer dress is a fashion police. Things like these also happen even in the real world. But since the blogs have wider reach, these kinds of faulty writing can mislead people.

Blogging is not a way to mislead people by publishing false information.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well that means in this case for people to go into blogging that means they have to have a good understanding of what they will be writing about ,people who are medical doctors should go into blogging and write everything about medical. If this will happen then a lot of people will not be making money with blogging since people will only be concentrating in one skill.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Most people are hooked with they read. Wen an expert on a particular blogs, there is no doubt that he will come out with reasonable, tangible and interesting articles on the topic. This will invariably make more users to visit the blog to read the article the blog wish to present.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
the truth is that not every blogger has experience about what he or she is writing but all the ideas put into the writing is gathered from research. I have oncee created a post on my free blog that I know nothing about and it was quite unique and anyone will definitely find it interesting even though I do not have proper knowledge about that particular thing.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When you have expertly written articles on your blog, you are likely to be ranked high on search and get search traffic. Being expert on your blogging niche means, you can write high quality articles on the chosen topic. Having high quality articles means your blog has quality command can easily rank high.

D

Deleted member 28127

Monetization will not protect your work your blog must be copyrighted means you pay a license fee otherwise another blog owner may scrap from your resources and this will affect bad your blog rating but most bloggers aren't with enough monetary resources to pay for it a license, unfortunately. This will cause plagiarism issues.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
One thing I can say is that you don't need to become an expert when you are blogging about some niches or topics. Take for instance if you have a blog about a cat. Most of the things you are going to talk about on your blog is your personal experience you have while raising the cat. Most of your content and blog posts will be inform of conversational time.

Mika

VIP Contributor
One thing I can say is that you don't need to become an expert when you are blogging about some niches or topics. Take for instance if you have a blog about a cat. Most of the things you are going to talk about on your blog is your personal experience you have while raising the cat. Most of your content and blog posts will be inform of conversational time.
You can blog about your personal experience and write about personal topics but you will not have search traffic for a story on personal experience, when you don't have search traffic, the likelihood of earning from your blog becomes zero. The key to earning from your blog is to have informative content that people search online.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@Mika everything boils down to keyword research. I have a Blog in pet niche and most of the things I wrote on the blog are based on my personal experience. I managed to rank on the first page of Google for some of my targeted keywords. With that, I am able to generate free organic traffic to my website consistently every month for those keywords. If you want a proof I will gladly show you.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Agreed. If you have done proper SEO, even your personal content can rank on Google. However, in order to benefit from a high rank, you need to rank for keywords that get a lot of search queries but do not have a lot of content on the topic. remember, there is no point in becme 1 of 1.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
The keyword I target on my website range from 50 to 200 monthly search volume. I was able to rank for a keyword with 140 monthly search volume. And I also rank for variation of the same keywords on Google SERP. The keyword alone represents 50% of my traffic volume on my website. Majority of the keywords I target on the website are from Google auto suggest.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you target your keywords with less traffic, you can easily rank high. However, there is no point in becoming one of one. You might become #1 when you target a keyword that gets less than 50 visits in a month, however, the keywords that get 50 hits in a month are not a very good keywords.

D

Deleted member 13140

I think publishing about a movie and reviewing it, isn't or well doesn't need expert level of information, you simply watched the movie and wanted to share your thoughts on X So it shouldn't be an issue, where it should is when you start advising people how to act movies, or how to shoot a movie, then you should have experience

Mika

VIP Contributor
Movie review requires technical know-how in movie-making. Movie review does not only mean reviewing the storyline, plot, or actors' performance. You need to review camera angle, you need to review, light and color, you need to review visual effects, background score, character development, costumes, etc. There are a lot of things to consider while reviewing movies. You also need to be an expert-level writer to do a review. Review is not just a plain statement, it is a critique. You might easily write a 500-1000 words article on 5 cryptos to invest in, but writing a review on the last release can be very difficult.

Setho

VIP Contributor
The thing a lot of people do not know is that your originality the industry is what is going to keep you . This is why posting of quality and on plagiarized content should be a no-brainer for your blog.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You might write an article by doing online research and reading relevant content, however, if the subject you have chosen to write is not something you know very well, your content might not be very successful because it will show in your content. If you know the topic well, you can write quality content.