Why you must study a course in line with your desired career.

Etini

Valued Contributor
There is a general belief that what a person studied in college doesn't have a bearing on the career that such a person would later practice im life. I beg to differ though. I believe that someone should only study the course that he wants to build a career in.

I believe so much in the power of time and having to spend 3 to 4 years to study a course that you would not practice is the worst time wasting venture that one can embark on.

Now, imagine putting in 4 years of your life in a course that you love and want to build a career in, you would come out better equipped to be thrust into that career than wasting 4 years studying a course you don't love, coming out and starting afresh to pursue the career you love from scratch.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Why should you study a course that is not a profession or job you are willing to do for a significant portion of your life? When you are choosing a course, it is very important you consider your passion and choice of career, this will help you stay focused and successful in your executions. When you can study a course just for passion and not for career probably because you are curious to know but you should have an already existing career.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
For someone that wants to maximize profits in his business, it is better to start with a business that goes in line with that career. This will surely help the customers to have the best experience in such a career. Whether it is formal or informal education, the best is just to have a say about the business.

There will also be an opportunity for such a person to experience much patronage. Many people will want to patronise the period that is known to have experience and as well is educated in the area of field that he chooses.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
After your basic education in school and when you are trying to enroll in a college, the choice of subject you choose for your college determines your career. You need to choose the course that you hope to build a career. If you want to build a career as a writer, you need to choose language and literature course, if you want to work in a bank someday, you need to choose a course accordingly. If you are already past that age, you can try short term courses as well.