Why You Don't Actually Need Money to Make Money

F

FaresGB

It's a very frustrating phrase. Where am I supposed to get the money I need to make the money I need? Is there some sort of vault I am unaware of?

While I have incredible, hard-working, get-er-done parents, a trust fund or “gift to get me started” was impossible for us. I didn’t have any savings, and I didn’t have investors. I mean, you would have been out of your right mind to invest in my debt-laden company.

So, where was I supposed to get the money I needed to make the money I needed?

I chose credit cards.

Over ten years in business, working harder and harder, I went deeper and deeper into debt. I funded my marketing, business development and operations on plastic and overdraft protection.

I was totally broke ... and there are a lot more fun ways to be totally broke than working all the time.

When my daughter was born, everything changed.
She was a colicky baby (meaning the cute little thing was a devil child who cried all the time). But, I discovered if I swaddled her tightly, put her in the pack-and-play and pushed it against the refrigerator, then the vibration would put her to sleep.

So, she’s finally sleeping and I start going through my mail. I find a letter from my bank saying they aren’t going to cover my overdraft any longer. The bank had been sold and from that point forward, whenever there wasn’t a deposit to cover a check I had written, it was going to bounce. Even if that meant payroll.

As my daughter slept peacefully, I started to cry.

Now I wasn’t just a failure for myself, I was a failure for her.

I couldn’t keep doing this. I couldn’t keep living on the edge of my house of cards. I couldn’t keep waking up at 3:00 a.m. to check my bank account that had rolled over, to find out how much deeper in the hole I had gotten.

In the moment with that tear-stained letter, I did the only thing I knew to do. I am a woman of faith and in that moment, I chose not to crumble and instead to pray. Pray for something different.

I had to find a way to grow my business profitably and stop going deeper and deeper in debt.

The problem with this model is that you have to carry the expense of steps one and two. And if the sale doesn’t happen in step three, you are in trouble.

What I needed was a way to self-fund my marketing so before the prospect got in the room with me, I was already covering my expenses.

Nothing like having your back against the wall to make a radical change ...

The missing piece was a profit-driven marketing model. By adding in an offer on the thank-you page after the lead collection, I could self-fund all of my marketing. By offering something for sale, not only would my marketing pay for itself, but I would be serving my prospects even more.

Think about it...
This person just raised their hand and said, "I have a problem. I think you can solve it. And I trust you enough to give you my contact information. Can you do something for me?" Yes. Yes, I could.

I could offer them something more in this very moment than a simple thank you. I could sell them something that could get them to the finish line more quickly and solve their pain, fix their problem or give them pleasure. A course, a consulting package -- even recordings of the webinar they just signed up for.

I started by using a webinar as the lead magnet and simply sold webinar recordings as the Profit Maximizer. And it started to work.

Not only were my ads paying for themselves, but they were generating a profit.

At first, it was just a few extra dollars a day, but within a couple of months, my marketing was pulling off an extra $3,000 to $5,000 a month in profit. That was enough to cover our office rent and pay for my assistant, which in itself lifted a huge burden.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
If we give chance to everybody to talk, everybody will have something to say. But what I do always is to know who am I and never to follow another person thread. There are people that have used money to make money by investing in the right place and boom, they are made.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Wow .what I can say about that is that we all have our own way of organising our life. people are always advised to know what they really want to do with your life at a very tender age because this will guide them and help them on their journey, your own area of concentration may not even be my own that is why we are different.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Wow .what I can say about that is that we all have our own way of organising our life. people are always advised to know what they really want to do with your life at a very tender age because this will guide them and help them on their journey, your own area of concentration may not even be my own that is why we are different.
Thanks dear friend. One thing about people that want to make money online is that they always believe what they read without even assessing themselves to know whether they can do it or not. While many people don't even invest money and still make money online, others need to do to make money.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thanks dear friend. One thing about people that want to make money online is that they always believe what they read without even assessing themselves to know whether they can do it or not. While many people don't even invest money and still make money online, others need to do to make money.
Yes there are a lot of opportunities people can used to raise money online .it's not necessary that we have to invest to make money , you can get all the money that you will need to also make money online from online itself.its depends on how you arrange it and also what your natural talent is all about that will determine what you will go for.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
To some extent , money is needed to make money but money is not the Paramount thing that you need to make more money but rather what you need to make more money is idea which is usually gotten as a result of having creative minds and thinking . one of the untold truth the world is not telling us about how to make money is by becoming a problem solver . the world is lying to us by telling us the only way to make money is to chase it by all means but if you become a problem solver like Mark Zuckerberg who is the CEO of the Facebook app who made it easier for people to sit in the comfort of their homes to send text message to varieties of any person in the world and not having to write letters and then go to post office to get the letter stamped before taking a long while to go to the expected recipient . with the Facebook app you can just send message to anyone in different angle of the world with just a click of a button .

Becoming a problem solver will make money work for you and not you working for money . you don't necessarily really need money to make money , rather sometimes all you need is ideas made by creative minds and thinking .

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Well, if you have a very good skill, it is possible for you to make money on the internet if you do not have money. Having a competitive skill is something that can fetch you a lot of money if you do not have money to start any business on the internet.

There are so many freelancing platforms you can sign up on and start looking for jobs even if you do not have money to get started. Most of these freelancing platforms is free to start on . But I think if you do not have a skill there is no way you can be able to make any tangible amount of money.

Even if you have money and you do not have a skill, it will also be very hard for you to make something tangible on the internet. A lot of people want to make money on the internet without having money and at the same time they do not have any tangible skill.

Platforms like YouTube you can probably help you get started on your online money making journey even if you do not have any money or skill. Platforms like Trendri can help you raise money to start something tangible on the internet.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
This is really different from others and there are different ways people can actually make money , so your own ways might be quite different from other people's ways . I believe there are some ways that will not likely be possible for people to make money without actually putting money into it.

Okay take for example, if someone is really interested to trade cryptocurrency, How will the person be able to make money by trading cryptocurrency when the person does not really know how to trade or the person does not even have a guidance that will help the person on how to predict the volatile market ?

There are some online business that may not likely need people to commit some capital into it to be able to make money . well if that is what is the interest of some people , they can obviously make money without having to put a single penny into it.

But what if other people do not have interest to make money in this ways that you can start freely , obviously they have to comit some money at least to help them to be able to achieve what they are naturally interested on. It depends on the type of business.

Setho

VIP Contributor
The world has become very big right now and you can be able to make money even without to invest anything in it. There are a lot of ways in which you can be able to make money for free or at least you just need to invest a little money .

For example it is going to cost you $0 to become a social media manager . All that you're going to need is for you to be able to speak in clear English , have a very good knowledge about how the social media works and how you can be able to create engaging and consistent post on that channel .

You can also make money without investing by becoming a virtual assistant for companies . You are going to be required that you should be replying to their emails or you are going to be processing orders and serving as customer support in their website or social Media platform.

There are some cryptocurrency applications that will allow you to earn free cryptocurrency by sharing resources on your phone with them. This is also one of the ways in which you can be able to make money without investing anything.