Why Western Union Fees Are So High?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Western Union is one of the mostly used payment processor. Even though it is so popular, money making websites rarely use the western union payment option. As far as I know Western Union is mostly used for sending remittances only. Western Union is not used for commercial purposes. However, there was a site that used to pay through western Union. I used to work for Writelearnearn and they used western Union to pay their writers. I have also noticed that the money transfer fees of Western Union is insanely high. This is also one of the biggest reasons why people would always prefer other kinds of payment processors over western union. However, I have always wondered why the fees of western union is so high. Do you guys have any idea?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
When I used western union, it cost me just $10 to send the payment. When I received payment from western union, I did not pay any fees. Since I collected cash from the agent, there was no any bank charges. Therefore, I believe western union is one of the cheapest payment system.