Why is it difficult for pensioners to get their retirement

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yes, I know many people they are not getting their pension after their retirement. This used to be the thing some decades back. Now since everything regarding the salary has been taken on salary there is no more such problem. In fact many times the pension and other retirement benefits are settled within a day or two, and the people are happy. Big thanks to the computers and the computer operators for bringing this big change.
One word for this is just corruption. People are just too greedy so they want to have their own and others too. Nothing ever go wrong on it own it is all done by humans. Withholding people rights because they are in power it is really appalling in my country

Good luck

Verified member
Corruption is the main reason why retiree are not able to receive their pension . It is sad that this is happening , the rich stealing what should be given to the poor.
Secondly , there are people with incomplete certificate and when they retire , they may not be able to pass the verification process thus won't receive their pension
You are very right. The major problem is corruption as you rightly said. The issue is becoming unbearable and uncalled for. The government lack insight on how the welfare of their workers which makes it very hard for pensioners or retirees to get their dues as at when due. This pensioners really need to be attended to at eveey point in time.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I think this happens mostly in countries where workers welfare are not being cater for. The government of some countries especially in Africa, can be very corrupt to the extent that they also loot pensions money. I think that's why some pensions are not paid fully well. But I don't think this happens in abroad...

Josemendez

Verified member
Corruption is the main reason why retiree are not able to receive their pension . It is sad that this is happening , the rich stealing what should be given to the poor.
Secondly , there are people with incomplete certificate and when they retire , they may not be able to pass the verification process thus won't receive their pension

Good luck

Verified member
Although the pension from the government agency that handles our social security is pretty small at $200 per month but it is not difficult to receive. It takes 2 months for the processing but after that the pension goes directly to the ATM account which is very convenient for the pensioner. I have been receiving mine with no issues.
You have a better system working for you in your country but the reverse is the case here in my country.People really struggled get things done and get it right here.There is no fairness in most cases and people plight are not considered or cared for.We really need a strategic planning in this country that can make things work.This issue of pensioners is really a great issue to be looked into.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Although the pension from the government agency that handles our social security is pretty small at $200 per month but it is not difficult to receive. It takes 2 months for the processing but after that the pension goes directly to the ATM account which is very convenient for the pensioner. I have been receiving mine with no issues.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I think there should be a panel set up to always check the affairs of pensioners and also monitoring of funds that any top officials in the government worker can fixed in a bank at a particular time.Some fixing funds should be classified as money laundering,it means some people's benefits are being denied directly or indirectly.
Those people can't be monitored here in my country, cos they control the banking institutions, with their fellow top officials in the govt. So who will be appointing those panels or regulatory agents to check on the amount they pay in the bank?? They're still the one who make such pronouncements. It will only be achievable if the current system of government is wiped out, and transparent leaders comes in, who cares a lot about the welfare of its citizens, reducing money laundering issues and create empowerment to its citizens, and pay workers on time, develop the country all round.

Good luck

Verified member
In the firdt instance, pension is not a bonus or free money to workers. It is their money that governments help them to keep. So I don't know what is difficult in repaying back this money. What I know is that those people in government will also grow old and leave political posts one day, they will now feel what the masses are feeling, then it will be too late.
I don't think government are looking at such fund as what they help workers to keep and should be remitted back after the term of service.They are looking as give away to a workers that is why they keep maltreating pensioners or retirees every time they are due for their right after leaving work.

Good luck

Verified member
Laughs, that's exactly what they are doing. Keep public funds in the fixed deposit and claim thou like they never received allocations. Where as they've received allocations, and their salaries have been paid on time while the civil servants own is delayed together with pensioners.
I think there should be a panel set up to always check the affairs of pensioners and also monitoring of funds that any top officials in the government worker can fixed in a bank at a particular time.Some fixing funds should be classified as money laundering,it means some people's benefits are being denied directly or indirectly.

Good luck

Verified member
One word for this is just corruption. People are just too greedy so they want to have their own and others too. Nothing ever go wrong on it own it is all done by humans. Withholding people rights because they are in power it is really appalling in my country
The problem now is can corruption be wiped or eradicated out in our society finally because it has affected a lot of masses,rendering a lot of people homeless and useless in the society.But another thing is that our so called leaders can't stopped borrowing from countries that have good plan and structure.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That's a complete example of how our country operates. They just want to eat their own and the one belonging to others too, just because they're controlling power. That's simply pathetic, the little monthly stipend of retirees and gratuity should be paid on time so they'll see light and enjoy their retirement time and not suffering when they should be smiling after many years dedicated to service.

Good luck

Verified member
Pension is a gratitude or renumeration of one's labour over a long period of serving a particular organization or firm.The period range from 30 to 35years in government firm.Some workers also retired willingly due to their age or probably health issues that they have.

But it's quite unfortunate a lot of people struggle so hard to get reward for their labour after working earnestly but getting their benefits is always a difficult task.

Government are kind of not showing any interest on the matter,Some people do lost their lives while trying to get what they are due for,struggling and visiting pension office every month and their demands will not be attended to.

It is really frustrating and devastating scenario.Drastic measures must be put in place but I don't know how it will happen.

Please your kind suggestions towards the submission will be highly appreciated. Thanks so much for your quick response.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I quite agree with you when you mentioned the bad leadership. The government are not helping matter at all.they rather keep the money in a long term fixed deposit probably for a period of 5 to 10years and they will keep telling the masses or the beneficiary that they are yet to receive allocation or the presidency is yet to attend to their issues.
Laughs, that's exactly what they are doing. Keep public funds in the fixed deposit and claim thou like they never received allocations. Where as they've received allocations, and their salaries have been paid on time while the civil servants own is delayed together with pensioners.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
The reason why some pensioners do not get their pension defers to one another. We have some country that use to take good care if there pensioners but we still have so e country that are very wicked to their pensioners not that there is no resources on ground to pay they but due to the corruption in their country they couldn't.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
It is obvious that the only reason why we have these cases in different countries is due to gross corruption in the coming civil service and it makes things to not work as they ought to do. That is why it is better for every employee to make sure they have some reliable investments before they retire.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I quite agree with your submission as you rightly said.there should be a set of human rights activists fighting this course in a failed or uncertain country.If this continues,sooner or later pension may be a thing of the past.l mean it may be scrapped out of the system or Constitution of the country.
In the firdt instance, pension is not a bonus or free money to workers. It is their money that governments help them to keep. So I don't know what is difficult in repaying back this money. What I know is that those people in government will also grow old and leave political posts one day, they will now feel what the masses are feeling, then it will be too late.

Good luck

Verified member
This should be relative. There are countries that treat their retiree with utmost care. For the country that fail to do this, it is either it is a failed state or a weak state. A failed state will not have any developmental plan either in sight or in progress. They trample on human right and even owe workers salary. There should be association and human rights organizations to fight this course.
I quite agree with your submission as you rightly said.there should be a set of human rights activists fighting this course in a failed or uncertain country.If this continues,sooner or later pension may be a thing of the past.l mean it may be scrapped out of the system or Constitution of the country.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This should be relative. There are countries that treat their retiree with utmost care. For the country that fail to do this, it is either it is a failed state or a weak state. A failed state will not have any developmental plan either in sight or in progress. They trample on human right and even owe workers salary. There should be association and human rights organizations to fight this course.

Good luck

Verified member
Yes, I know many people they are not getting their pension after their retirement. This used to be the thing some decades back. Now since everything regarding the salary has been taken on salary there is no more such problem. In fact many times the pension and other retirement benefits are settled within a day or two, and the people are happy. Big thanks to the computers and the computer operators for bringing this big change.
The reverse still remains the case here in my country.people still struggle unless you have to tip some top ranked official in the ministry so that your own pension does not take too long to be released.But if you are not in higher level,it may take time to get your pension.

Good luck

Verified member
They struggle a lot if they're residing on the country that doesn't care of about labour and loyalty towards their stewardship working for long period of time. Bad government is just the problem, they prefer to fill their pockets full before releasing peanuts to civil servants. The retired civil servants struggle too much to get it cos of such.
I quite agree with you when you mentioned the bad leadership. The government are not helping matter at all.they rather keep the money in a long term fixed deposit probably for a period of 5 to 10years and they will keep telling the masses or the beneficiary that they are yet to receive allocation or the presidency is yet to attend to their issues.