Why E-commerce Will Always Be an Evergreen Niche

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I think of online store as an evergreen niche, because they'll never run out of business, people will always need something and as long as you have it you'll make money selling it to them with a margin, if we take a look at the e-commerce websites we have today, for example sites like Amazon and Alibaba and its subsidiaries, you'll find out that they have been around for a very long time, this is really worth noticing, because anybody that wants to get into e-commerce will lots of money if he do an adequate market research, as an ever green niche, online store will always stay in vogue.

The only they should go after is innovating, maybe changing the way delivery is done, maybe introducing drone technology, and those looking at starting an online store, should make sure they focused on one product first, before moving to the next one, or you should research a niche that is not explored and build on it, in Nigeria, there are a lot of niche e-commerce websites that are making waves, apart from the heavyweights, Jumia and Konga.

Online commerce is an evergreen niche that will continue to flourish and there's no right time to get into it.

I am not an expert on this matter but I guess ecommerce is not a niche, it is a business concept, a business model that allows you to sell products and services on the internet either by having your own store or using third part platforms to sell your products and services. However, there are a lot of niches for ecommerce. For example, selling clothing items is one niche, selling kids' toys is another niche, selling, your skills like marketing, content writing, etc. is another niche. IN fact there are many niches that you can explore in ecommerce and make money online