why are teachers not being paid well for there jobs?

funmi

Verified member
In Nigeria, teachers from the primary and secondary schools are not always considered as real workers. Especially those working in the private sectors.

Teachers teaching children in the primary and secondary schools are the ones doing more jobs and being stressed out. But unfortunately, they are the ones that are being over used and under paid for their jobs.

I tried to think about it, in some countries like Asian countries, Finland and so on are still trying to make teachers do less work and pay them high.

After being treated like trash in my country here, they still give teachers peanuts to take home. This has frustrated many teachers out of their profession and made them to go into businesses and some other things. As teaching jobs is not encouraging at all.

Did you think other wise? Please share your points of view.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This topic surprised me because I thought it is only in the Philippines where teachers are paid very low wages just like nurses. Those 2 professions are at a disadvantage when it comes to salaries particularly in government institutions. My grade school teacher said that no teacher got rich from the profession. That is very true.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I do not know about Nigeria but teachers in my country are being paid well for their jobs. A teacher can earn around $400 or more and this also depends on how much experienced a teacher actually is. Some teachers earn a little, however, teachers working in schools and colleges get paid well. Teachers who work in government colleges earn a lot, too.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Civil servants here in my country are paid poorly, not even teachers alone, both in general. Where as the government officials earns ×100 of what a senior civil servants earn in a month as salary for those in the senatorial seat, governor s, house of reps, commissioners, ministers, excluding the president cos he pays himself salary here in my country. Civil servants are just working tirelessly and earning peanuts, while the able politicians seat at a spot doing nothing much and earning hefty amount of money here in my country.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Teachers are truly underpaid, because teachers are not valued in some of the third tier countries. Some countries don't value education, and it's some of these countries you will see high level of corruption. This corruption has eaten up the financial plan for teachers and education generally in that region. I will say it's pure corruption that allows teachers to be underpaid.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Its simply like that almost everywhere you go. It is one of the most underrated professional career on earth. Upon they're on the focal point when it comes to nurturing talents to having bright careers, still their salaries are simply speaking low volume compared yo whst they're offering to the young age, and the society in general.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
In Nigeria, teachers from the primary and secondary schools are not always considered as real workers. Especially those working in the private sectors.

Teachers teaching children in the primary and secondary schools are the ones doing more jobs and being stressed out. But unfortunately, they are the ones that are being over used and under paid for their jobs.

I tried to think about it, in some countries like Asian countries, Finland and so on are still trying to make teachers do less work and pay them high.

After being treated like trash in my country here, they still give teachers peanuts to take home. This has frustrated many teachers out of their profession and made them to go into businesses and some other things. As teaching jobs is not encouraging at all.

Did you think other wise? Please share your points of view.
For me I think it is mostly private schools that don’t pay their teachers well. It might be about the owner greed or the school fees isn’t big but yeah, teachers are mostly paid peanuts and I think it is never fair considering the jobs they perform daily. It really appalling

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Its simply like that almost everywhere you go. It is one of the most underrated professional career on earth. Upon they're on the focal point when it comes to nurturing talents to having bright careers, still their salaries are simply speaking low volume compared yo whst they're offering to the young age, and the society in general.
I don't think it's everywhere bro....If you access how much teachers are receiving in some of the European countries or even in the United States, you will see that they are receiving reasonable wages/salaries compare to third tier countries counterpart. And that's not being underpaid. Teachers there are receiving several benefits,couple with their wages/salaries.
I think the problem is the corrupt and unpatriotic nature of most third grade countries.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I don't think it's everywhere bro....If you access how much teachers are receiving in some of the European countries or even in the United States, you will see that they are receiving reasonable wages/salaries compare to third tier countries counterpart. And that's not being underpaid. Teachers there are receiving several benefits,couple with their wages/salaries.
I think the problem is the corrupt and unpatriotic nature of most third grade countries.
I concur with you on this, teachers in the developed countries pay their teachers well. Knowing too well about their worth by offering then other benefits which is attached to their salary. And better reward after retirement too, and proper medical attention and security of teaching at ease without harassment in the teaching premise. Corruption that is coupled with bad government have ruined third grade countries.