Why are people scared of online investment

Planet408

There are too many scammers out there and that is why people are scared of online investments. Alot of people have been scammed online. Though mostly in Ponzi scheme. However, we should be able to identify scammers when it comes to online business. Enquire and find out about the company you wants to invest with and to know how reputable they are.

Mellorando

Banned
There is no doubt that people including me are scared of online investment because there are a lot of scam site who are created by people to steal money from others I have also been a victim of a scam site and I have lost a lot but that doesn't mean that there is no legit site out there offcourse there is... but you can't blame people their experience of using a fake site my still hold them down from investing or trusting another side

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Yesterday I received an invitation from a friend for an online investment. She says it is good and legit. With the term "legit" it gives me the creeps that the business is not legit. Anyway, I asked her what she would do in case the site will not pay her the promised interest? How can she run after the company when the site is gone in the internet?

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Many people are scared of online investment because they fear all the sites are scam that they will go away with their money, even me, to be honest I am always scared of online investment because I don't know the person, if at all my money is lost there's no way I will locate him or her to get my money back in this case many people are scared to invest their money online.

Sammyesx

The rate of online scam has increased, which has subsequently made people to become skeptical about any online investment they come across, they tend to over analyze or look for real proof that the investment is legit before they can put their money into it, and beside investment are no t 100% guaranteed, there is always a probability that one might lose his money hence the skepticism.

Godsplan

When it comes to investing, the fear of failure makes us either procrastinate or completely give up on the idea of investing. Most of us haven’t even realised that investing is not an option. It is a necessity. Let’s take an example of something that we do every day and comes with a risk of failure or loss our work. None of us are perfect. We often make mistakes some that are costly and others, not so much. Does the news of someone losing their job or the rising number of car accidents stop us from getting a job or driving? No. Then why do we steer clear of investing because someone else has failed at it? Food for thought.
Online investment nowadays is mostly on the strategy of HYIP programs and almost all of us know how risky it's to invest in such programs. Now what most online investment platforms do is to gather a lot of deposits, promise their investors some decent amount of interest and end up running away with their investments. Because of this almost any body doesn't want to trow away his or her money in these scam schemes.

Afrinish

nvesting is scary because returns aren't guaranteed. Instead, they depend on how well your investments are doing and how much they're worth when you sell them. ... Fear is keeping people outside the investment world and potentially away from reaching their long-term financial goals.
Search in our database the best investments. Check if they pay or not! Avoid being scammed with the help of our experts. Chat support available.

IamDozzy

Basically, people are scared of online businesses because of nasty experiences they have had in the past. Many people have been duped by this so called online business and as that they no longer have the patience an confidence to invest in online businesses. I personally was scammed online and it took a lot for me to return to online business. A lot of people cannot bear the fact that they were scammed by people they supposedly trusted online and so are always quick to downplay genuine online business .

Janiya

Hey everyone share their experience which had done with them in the past so that's why people related to investment afraid if I share my experience so I saw that most of the people are afraid and scared of investment name they think that their money will completely lost which is not like that I have seen that most of the people are having great interest in investment I am not talking about myself because I never invested and never take what in this type of work as lack of money but whenever I get the opportunity then I will obviously invest anywhere where I wish but recently my friend she invested and she get so much profit in the investment but after with the passage of time the prophet was converting to The Lost side and she was getting this her that her money was completely destroyed in the investment but when she patience herself then at the end she get there what and her loss was converted into the profit and now she is still getting profit and she get that investment gaining and losing happens every time so we should not get this hard and we should not scared from any stage we should face challenges after facing challenges we will become strong.

Henrylaw

Reasons why people are afraid of online investment is the level at which people are scammed of their hard eanerd money. Online investment is a virtual investment where no one can be physically held for failure to honour an agreement. Most internet fraudster defrauding people come online with the guise of marketing business, forex investment and other money making platform. In the end, people are scammed as the investor losese he or her money. In order to make online investment attractive and free of scam, government should legislate against the activities of internet fraudster.

Simplyniyi

What happened last year to a friend of mine is an Eye-opener to why one should be careful to invest online. After transfer all BTC and ETH to the site, he was given a bonus, which made it look real, but after few days, the site was no longer accessible. That was how he lost money worth of 250000 naira. Some online business site are only trying to create traffics by telling you to invest and trade, some will even give you targets that you cannot meet in a year. Most of there companies online are difficult to identify whether real or fake. If you cannot verify or get reliable PR genuine information about their source, better keep your money. A bed in hand is worth two in the bush.

Godslamp

When it comes to investing, the fear of failure makes us either procrastinate or completely give up on the idea of investing. Most of us haven’t even realised that investing is not an option. It is a necessity. Let’s take an example of something that we do every day and comes with a risk of failure or loss our work. None of us are perfect. We often make mistakes some that are costly and others, not so much. Does the news of someone losing their job or the rising number of car accidents stop us from getting a job or driving? No. Then why do we steer clear of investing because someone else has failed at it? Food for thought.

OlaAdams

Well stated.

You see bro! online stuff is pretty much like an UP NEPA!!!. another UP NEPA !!! Can happen within the twinkle of an eye.
This is so because we have very shallow knowledge not only about the stuff itself but the background engine, operating the whole operation itself.

In conclusion people are skeptic about online stuff because they have very shallow knowledge about it.
The main reason why the government are trying to ban cryptocurrency in Nigeria. They are afraid of what might come out of it because they know nothing about it.

Thanks ?

Makah

People are scared of online Investment because of thier experience or some one close to them experience on online investment. investing online is a very risk and should be careful when talking them because of thier high crash possibility. I have also withness lots of scam on online investment so if at all you wanna do it becare and be very vigilant on the kind of site you invest on

Samuel72

Verified member
According to my own point of view I have been betting online for the past 15 years but I believe people are scared of online investment because they are not Lened and also they are not well civilize when it comes to internet and online stuff. many other people are scared of online investment because they believe it is very easy to scam people online and also they want to be sure of the kind of business they are doing and also who they are doing business with

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
People don't just fear but because of the experiences they had that made the fear to comes in.
Some time when you invest in online business and suddenly the site just fold up and one can not make any withdraw for his/her money you know next time anybody introduce to him online business ,the person will not like to do again.

Victor001

Until you create a business by your self, you wouldn't trust another business,any business that you don't have control and good backings is quite difficult to invest.
To Carry out investment in business you need to lay focus and emphasis on the money you can afford to loose. No one can put money after seeing the repulsive nature of most online investment.

Ozigba Richard Lamai

people are scared of online investment because there are so many scam these days online so you must be able to trust online business before you invest in it or before you go into it you must be able to make research and also have testimony of those who have really make it and who were operating in the online business before you start operating on it.

Queentener

Online investment is you taking a high risk because it's not an offline investment where you meet those you are investing with, you just have to take the risk and hopefully it comes out positive, most of the online investment that I have done doesn't pay me so. I personally can't venture into online investment again, the only thing that will make me go into an online investment is if there's a physical office where I can always visit, if anything goes wrong online. But apart from that online investment is a no-no for me never ever again.

Haypril

People are not just afraid of online bases business but they are been held captivity by the fear of cyber criminals (fraudster) popular known in my locality as yahoo boys. The trend has increased rapidly in this past few days. I guess is as a result of new year resolution that was made, most of these boys are set to ball out and live large. In conclusion, the reason most persons are not involved in online platforms is because of the fear of being scammed.