Why are many rich business men not famous?

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Many rich business men are not famous. In fact, most of them are not even known outside of the business world. They are not famous for their accomplishments or for their wealth. They are famous because they have made themselves public figures, or have otherwise become well-known in their fields. Many businessmen are famous for being rich. Some businessmen have been very successful, and have become rich as a result of their business acumen and/or hard work, but these businessmen generally do not become famous for being rich. Most of them are not household names, even though they may be extremely wealthy.

The reason why so many rich business men are not famous is because they do not want to be. They do not want the attention of the public, and they do not want their name to be known. They prefer to be anonymous and work behind the scenes, I guess. The reason why so many rich business men are not famous is because they have no interest in being famous. They have enough money and power, so what does it matter if nobody knows who they are?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I think a lot of businessmen are already popular in their field. If you have not heard of them it means you do not have access to the proper information. People like Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet are well know because they come from the United States and they make news (for example, Elon Musk with his uncanny tweets, or Jeff Bezos for going in to space).
It also depends on how you define the word famous. If by famous, you mean a person having celebrity sort status (something like actors, musicians, sportsperson), I will have to reject your idea. Have you heard of Jack Ma or Mukesh Ambani? Maybe you have not. Jack Ma is a owner of Alibaba and Mukesh Ambani is the richest person in India. The media we are exposed to only follows news from the west and omits the news from the Eastern societies.