Who should choose your career?

King bell

VIP Contributor
There are many factors to consider when choosing a career. Some people might choose a career based on their interests or passions, while others might choose a career based on their skills or abilities. Some people might even choose a career based on their values or beliefs.

So who should ultimately choose your career? The answer is that it depends. Ultimately, you are the one who has to live with the choices you make, so you should make sure that you are choosing a career that is right for you. However, it can be helpful to get input from others, especially if you are unsure of what you want to do. Talk to your family and friends, get advice from a career counselor, or do some research online to learn more about different careers. These are just a few of the many resources you can use to help you make a decision about your career.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This has always been my notion I believe we should choose what we want. Gone are the days that parent try to do this for their children I never really liked the idea. Allow a child choose the career path that they are comfortable with, provided it is a honourable path and don't force another person destiny on them.

Your friends child becoming a medical doctor doesn't mean your own child should also tow that line. Their destiny differ as such they can't operate on the same frequency. You might choose medicine for your child but is that his or her destiny. Will the child excel in that

So you need to allow the child make that life long decision. So I agree with you. We need to choose our career path. go for what you believe you have passion forand you can work hard at it to succeed. You would do better.