Auto Insurance Who is covered under car insurance?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
For the past few years I have never decided to learn how to drive a car because I don't see a need for it.

Another thing is that I am planning to get the driver's licence and auto insurance before I could decided to buy a car.

I have some of my friend who enrol for driving schools and graduated within few months when they don't have car of their own to practice regularly.

I was discussing auto insurance with a friend yesterday and he told me that auto insurance can cover for me and other people I included in the policy.

I argued with him that it is only the person that did the insurance will get covered by the insurance company.

So I want to ask you guys that who are covered by the auto insurance? Is auto insurance extended to other people in your family? Thanks in advance.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Obviously car insurance is basically meant for people that owns vehicle. It provides some kind of coverage for ones car just incase there happens a problem that might require losing it. This is where the insurer gets involved to provide a replacement or usually a compensation to bring it back to the initial working condition

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The category auto insurance can cover depend on the type of suit insurance that's done by the car owner. There are some auto insurance polices that only cover the driver while there are some that cover the passenger and even some cover the third party to which accident may have occurred to.