General insurance Who is an insurance agent

Phabbyfundz

Insurance serve as a means of indemnity against a future occurrence if an uncertain event. Insurance companies are in charge of offering tho means of indemnity to registered client who willingly gives a stipulated amount of money on routine bases either daily, weekly or monthly as it is best convenient to the client.
An insurance agent serve or acts as a mediator between the insurance companies and the intending client, they are in charge of tell or enlightening the intending client about the benefit of partnering with the said insurance company. The stand at the beginning of the insurance process because they are the first to meet the client and take them to the insurance company.
Your insurance agent help you in the times of disagreement between the insurance company and the client.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Instance agent is a freelancer worker that mediates between the insured person and the insurance company. He is not working driecly for the insurance company. He only works for the insured person and tries to get information needed by the inteded purchasers of insurance policy. He's paid in commission. He should not be mistaken with a broker.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
An insurance agent is a person that acts as an athlete between the insurer and the insurance company. Insurance agency is a very lucrative venture because you answer percentage from the premium paid by the insurer.
there are people into this kind of job and I can tell you that they make a whole lot of money passively.

Good luck

Verified member
An insurance agent is an intermediary between an insurer and the company.It is the person that will explain what the client needs to know about the premium and how to go about it to avoid any issues. The agent play a vital role that will favor both the company and the insurer.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
In my own definition, an agent is someone that gives some advice to an individual who is about to purchase a particular insurance policy. He let the person know about what he is about to buy, the advantages and the disadvantages, how the client could make good use of it to benefit from it

Nite

Valued Contributor
An insurance agent is a licensed professional, who sells insurance products to clients on behalf of the insurance company. The agent helps clients select the right insurance to buy, but represents the insurance company in the transaction. To be a good insurance agent, it is very important to proffer excellent customer service.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
In my own definition, an agent is someone that gives some advice to an individual who is about to purchase a particular insurance policy. He let the person know about what he is about to buy, the advantages and the disadvantages, how the client could make good use of it to benefit from it
You have rightly defined the functions of the insurance agents and not only that, you have defined the real person that an insurance agent is. It is however diffrent from insurance brokers. Although they perform the same function but the insurance broker is legally recognized by the insurance company unlike the agent who may not be known by the insurance. He only acts on behalf of the insured person.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Based on my association with our neighbor who worked as an insurance agent, I learned that he earns commission on the policy. The commission is taken from the monthly premium which would appear very little. That is the reason whey the insurance agent should have many clients so he can have a sort of passive income for his livelihood.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
The insurance agents actually do serve as intermediary between the insurer and the insurance company and I think they actually earn some certain amount as commission whenever they bring a client that buys a policy under the insurance company , they are the ones that enlighten the insurer more too ,

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The insurance agents actually do serve as intermediary between the insurer and the insurance company and I think they actually earn some certain amount as commission whenever they bring a client that buys a policy under the insurance company , they are the ones that enlighten the insurer more too ,
That's very correct. But most time they are not representing any insurance companies. They are just like a freelancer that can work for many insurance companies at a time and as well working for many clients. The official worker of an insurance company that is legally recognized is the broker who earns salary.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
That's very correct. But most time they are not representing any insurance companies. They are just like a freelancer that can work for many insurance companies at a time and as well working for many clients. The official worker of an insurance company that is legally recognized is the broker who earns salary.
Yeah the broker actually earn a particular amount as salary ,since the insurance company recognises them as part of their worker , but we could just refer to the agent as just referral , since they actually refer people to the company and earn some amount of fees as commission and they could be many as they don't serve as agent for just one insurance company but for others too

Phabbyfundz

Based on my association with our neighbor who worked as an insurance agent, I learned that he earns commission on the policy. The commission is taken from the monthly premium which would appear very little. That is the reason whey the insurance agent should have many clients so he can have a sort of passive income for his livelihood.
Yes, this is also one of the numerous benefits of insurance companies it serves a good source of employment and it gives every involves a good stand in the society anyone registered under the insurance company can serve as an insurance agent.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Yes, this is also one of the numerous benefits of insurance companies it serves a good source of employment and it gives every involves a good stand in the society anyone registered under the insurance company can serve as an insurance agent.
Yeah exactly it serves a good source of employment ,most people could earn money with the affiliate system , even if they don't have the capability of criteria to work in the company , I think other options would be available for the person to use , so there are numerous benefits attached to insurance company that is why many go for it

dagm

An insurance coverage representative is actually an intermediary in between an insurance provider as well as the business. It is actually the individual that will certainly discuss exactly just what the customer have to learn about the costs as well as ways to tackle it to prevent any type of problems. The representative participate in an important function that will certainly support each the business as well as the insurance provider.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
An insurance coverage representative is actually an intermediary in between an insurance provider as well as the business. It is actually the individual that will certainly discuss exactly just what the customer have to learn about the costs as well as ways to tackle it to prevent any type of problems. The representative participate in an important function that will certainly support each the business as well as the insurance provider.
Yeah they are the one to guide the insurer on what particular step to take when insuring , Because most are usually confused when it comes to insurance , because they don't know how it's been done , so when they are more enlightened about insurance , they would actually know the best proper steps to take when insuring