Which type of business is good in a school area?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
A lot of evidences have shown that those who are rich and achieve financial freedom are business owners majorly.

It has been said that the basis of all lasting businesses are the one that solve the core problem of humanities.

So as a result, people are advised to look for problem and create a business that provide a solution to the problems in exchange for money.

Just of recent I developed an interest in starting a business of my own. and I have been thinking about the problem around me which I can turn into an opportunity.

I discovered that there are lots of schools around the place I live. I believe I can set up a business that we cater for all these schools but I am yet to come up with one idea.

So I want to ask you guys that what type of person do you think I can set up in a place where there are lot of schools? I would like to hear from you guys.

Bard Racheal

In a normal sense,it is true that environment like that,you must have the foresight and idea of erecting a business place there that will draw the attention of the schools around.
A rare to find business ,that will be of your benefit and the benefit of the environment.

If you've scanned the place and you do not see some kind of business that will move there; you have to use that opportunity to make a well strategized one.

Okay. These are list of suggested things you can do in a school environment,which are:

1)A BOOK SHOP.
A giant bookshop of variety of books and those things you know that are useful to children.

2)A COMPUTER CENTER/VILLAGE.
In this case according to your capability,if you erect a computer village there,like that of PTI In Delta State (for instance) it may not be as big as that.

It will be very helpful and we'll appreciated by the school,and be to your gain.

Another point to consider is:there will be lot of competition there,as long as it happens to be a school environment.

So,you need to try making your anything you decide to do,a very unique business.
That will be rare to have a duplicate of your unique strategy.

Wow!That school environment is a very proper place to grow in any thing you do that benefits the school and you.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There are various businesses that can be done beside school area. Among those business is setting up of a stationery where books and some office equipments can be sold. This will make the business fast selling. Some can even be selling foods around the school area and if it is higher institutions, eatery and boutique won't be bad options.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Most of the schools are still using chalk. Someone can can still set up a business that produces chalks for the schools within the surrounding area. you can also set up a business centre and help them to print their examination papers. You can also set up educational materials business in order to supply these schools.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I think online business is the best for students. We have them plenty online, a student shouldn't think much, simply using online can get his or her cosmetic business promoted, clothes, and so on. Their is online jobs too to do and earn money as a student. And one of them is submitting articles to client via freelance marketplace.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Thinking of schools, I get an idea of taking a tender from schools that you can supply something to them. Especially food items such as beans, meat or fruits which are fed to the school children. Such tenders can earn you a good amount of income if the schools agree for you to supply to them.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
There are actually business available ,and I think the demand of books and others is actually high in school environment ,so you could choose to start such type of business if you are willing to ,many are earning through the business since they are closer to the school environment I think

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You might find this unusual but you can sell beers and cigarettes if you are located in school area. Well, the idea is to sell beers and cigarettes to the teachers and not to the students. Since drinking beers and smoking cigarettes is illegal inside school premises, the teachers who want a beer and cigarette can visit your store.

Mika

VIP Contributor
That's an interesting interpretation and I kind of liked it. You can serve the teachers and make money. However, I don't know if that can be done because in many countries it is strictly prohibited to sell cigarettes and alcoholic drinks in the school area, even if you are not selling to kids.

Kaffyfolla

Selling of airtime and data, food stuff has been a lucrative business around the school area as for higher institution but for the secondary, selling of books and writing materials will for the school environment

D

Deleted member 28127

I think online business is the best for students. We have them plenty online, a student shouldn't think much, simply using online can get his or her cosmetic business promoted, clothes, and so on. Their is online jobs too to do and earn money as a student. And one of them is submitting articles to client via freelance marketplace.
There are kind of university in form of school where presence of students is compulsory and other kind of university where presence isn't compulsory so for each university this system however online earning doesn't work most of the time because due to long hours of consecutive study students find hardly time to connect to the internet so not all of them have such opportunity.

Skysaint

Verified member
Well, there are very many business you can actually run around a school area, one of which includes selling digital products and marketing of their parts as students tend to patronize these products more often. You can go ahead and open up a cyber cafe where students can come and work on their very many assignments

chicnthin

First thing I could think of is food business. A lot of students spend their free time eating, of course for those who could afford it. A lot of them don't like the foods in their canteens so they also buy foods outside their school. Another business is printing services. Not all of the students are rich and own a printing machine at their homes, so they print their assignments at printing shops.

D

Deleted member 28127

First thing I could think of is food business. A lot of students spend their free time eating, of course for those who could afford it. A lot of them don't like the foods in their canteens so they also buy foods outside their school. Another business is printing services. Not all of the students are rich and own a printing machine at their homes, so they print their assignments at printing shops.
In some schools, the foods sealed outside the school are the same sealed in the school because they know children don't like canteens food and like fast food but it is up to school administration to decide this or this but it will be better for children to not quit school for purchase something to eat outside. Choices are different.

D

Deleted member 13140

i don't really know what can be done around schools to make money, though, if you can set up a shop or something a little bit far off from the gate, so if the school closes for the day, students who have extra cash could come and purchase a few things, just think about what students love to take at the end of a school day.. maybe ice cream, or anything or even cloths

Setho

VIP Contributor
I think that the business of selling foods and sweet products is going to be very lucrative around school areas. Opening a gaming centre is also going to be a good idea because children love recreation a lot.

Sikapa

Verified member
Good question, it is good you have ask and I think you will get the right answer to your question here. I don't know the kind of school that you are talking about here either is Creche, Primary school, Junior High School, Senior High School or Tertiary institutions. But I think school is school.

One thing is that the type of school can also determine what you kind of business that can run fast. Example if is a Technical school then you have to know what kind of business you have to do. Every student needs book, pen, pencil and other staffs which means you can establish a bookshop.

Provision store is also a good business at a place where there is a school especially if you are closer to the boarding House. The students can buy from your store.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Establishing a business of any kind in a school area is absolutely a good and considerable environment worthy of business . if you are an individual seeking for a type of business to establish in the school area then it should be a business that is indeed has a pressing and usable purpose to the students inside the school . Opening a stationery shop where you sell stationery items like books , pencils , erasers , drawing board , textbooks , and other items used by students is actually one important business that is very necessary in a school area . I mean no student can go into school without needing at least one of these items so being there to sell these items to them is actually a good business establishments in all ramifications .

Another business establishment what are the of establishing in an area where is school is is open a professional or snack shop . This is actually true Because students are more likely to buy snacks which they will eat during their break time and so being there early in the morning to sell snacks whom they will buybefore entering into the school premises is actually a good business idea if you think about it .

Thank you for bringing this up. There are a lot if things one can start up in school environment. You can sell junks (children love them), sausages and other fast food as most children rely on fast food joints during break. You can also sell toys by preferably having a small kiosks. Another effective business idea is by selling school and stationary materials such as books, rulers, maths set and other school items. School materials are the most sought items in school areas and can be the best thing to venture into. You can also render quick sewing business, sew torn dresses, school uniforms, etc. All these are what I think you could start up in a school environment.

Ramolak19

Verified member
you are all correct setting up a business in the schools environment is very good idea and I consider setting up of Computer Centre whereby you will be able to render the typing typesetting for them during the exam because I notice most of our schools did not have this particular department, so during the exam they used to take their exam question to the Business Centre four type settings of their examination and you can add it up with selling of writing material. so I think this kind of business can be set up in the school establishment area.

blessingc

A school environment is a good place for business related to essential items students need. Students who might be in need of a stationary urgently will not need to travel far when they can get it near by and that's a plus to those who sell such items or render such services in the school environment.

If you are considering starting up a business in a school environment, consider selling stationaries, books that can be used in that school whether secondary or college, that is why it is important to find out from a few of those students the kind of books they make use of.

Another business that will be good in a school environment is computer center, having a Cyber cafe close to a school can give you alot of income because teachers or lecturers do alot of work related to documents, they type works, make photocopies and design stuffs like school ID cards type exam question, so they need cyber cafe close so they don't have to travel far to do what they have to.

Another business one can consider doing is selling food, that is restaurant business, it works in school environment, students and teachers at launch break go out to eat.