Which Top Level Domain Should You Buy?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you are buying or registering a domain for the first time, you might be over whelmed seeing a lot of options. In fact,

There are as many as 1500 domain extensions available. No matter how many domain extensions are available, when you are registering a domain, your obvious choice will be a dot com domain because dot com is the oldest domain extension on the internet and it is also one of the cheapest Top Level Domains.

Dot com is a good domain, however, this does not mean other domain extensions do not have any value. In fact, dot co can be as valuable as dot com; dot xyz can be as much profitable as dot com. The value of domain depends on the name (key words) it uses and not the extension. Domain extension has no effect on SEO.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
People who engage in domain buying and selling understand all the strategies and a lot of things to look for when you are registering for domain. Sometimes dot net might be a little bit profitable depending on the word count of the domain you are registering.. the one with smaller and fewer word are likely to be the most profitable.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you want to flip domain and make profits, you should always buy popular extensions like dot com, dot net, dot org, or even dot io. Because these domains fetch better prices. Trust me, you don't get $1000 for a dot xyz domain, however, you might get $1000-$2000 for a dot com.

Suba

Staff member
As far as I know, domain extensions com, net, etc., have different meanings and functions, when buying a domain, because the site I want to launch contains information, I choose dot.info. so if we choose the wrong will be considered less professional. For example dot net, would be more suitable for use on sites related to the internet and IT.

Mika

VIP Contributor
As far as I know, domain extensions com, net, etc., have different meanings and functions, when buying a domain, because the site I want to launch contains information, I choose dot.info. so if we choose the wrong will be considered less professional. For example dot net, would be more suitable for use on sites related to the internet and IT.
It is true that domain extesions were created for different purposes, for example, dot com for a commercial website, dot org for organization, etc. However, these days the original motive behind specific domain extensions has been lost. people are using any domains for any purpose. instead of extension, focus on getting the perfect name.