Which is better ; Governments Institution or private Institution?

Josemendez

Verified member
When it comes to job , one can either be independent by being an entrepreneur or seek for employment in either government Institution or private Institution ,and whichever one he wants to get involved in , he will have to make some considerations ;

First , Governments Institution offers a more secure job that can not be affect by anything like pandemic ,whereas in private Institution , one can be sack at anytime with or without tangible reasons .

In Governments jobs , one can also be able to receive gratuity and subsequent pensions after retirement ,while with private Institution , gratuity may exist but pensions hardly exist.

Nevertheless , some private Institution pays higher than Governments Institution ,and is quite worth working in.

In your opinion , which of these two type of Institution will you seek employment in ; Governments Institution or private Institution ?

Ahmedo24

Verified member
Personally it depends on the level of pay, I will prefer to start with private organizations to enable me aquired much needed skills about my nature of job and the private organizations I will prefer to work must have a good pay and must be pensionable because not very many private organizations pay pension to their retired staff.
If I later secure a government job I could switch and use my year of experience to start at higher rank and workless till retirement when gratuity and pension will start coming.

Donkiz

The number of private institution that I will prefer to work with over government work are very few, and its based specifically on pay, these are high paying private institutions with good exit packages.

Apart from the few private institutions, I will prefer government work because it's less stressful, workloads are never outrageous, you won't be at constant fear of being sacked as your job is secured.

Also you can be able to open a side business while working, because as government worker you have more free time for yourself and to pursue other things which is not the case with private institutions.

Lekhraj19

Verified member
Your question is a nice one to discuss at. In my opinion, as we discuss of job sector people run a lot after that they will qualify for a exam and settle for the rest of the life. In India, this thinking is spread wide among the people. I rarely find people talking about skills and trying for something new. This typical approach resides in the mind of the people due to their comfort zone, that is why they want to have a government job.

But, I personally would like to join a private institute in my job career and make a lot of money that government job will never give. One thing more here is I have always tried to seek something new, and that I will get in a private sector only. Later on, I may think of starting with a startup company.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In the US the best employer is the government because of the high salary and the stability of the institution. But in our country the best employers are the multi-national corporations because they give high salaries. One example is ADB which is a private non-profit corporation that hires employees here with a high starting salary. That is the reason why so many applicants are submitting their applications to ADB - Asian Development Bank. Our government employees here have very low salaries and that is really a bad situation for our economy.

Khezo

Your question I think depends on the type of job you are going for. Let's take for example a doctor or nurse working at a government hospital and another working at a multinational company like shell. The pay the one working at the government hospital is quite low compared to the one in shell. And of course the working environment is better and stress a lot more reduced compared to the government worker. So if you looking for a job and you see an offer from a reputable private company or institution then go for it, it's quite better than the government owned.

D

Deleted member 27180

In my country Nigeria,it is advisable to choose a government offer over a private organization. Just like u stated, job security is guaranteed in a government firm than that of a private in the long run. Also, in some private institutions, the staff experience a lot of delays in promotion to another level and have to wait for quite a number of years before getting a raise of even 5% of their salaries. Lastly, u enjoy more freedom and flexibility working under the government than when working for an employer as he/she may be a pain in the butt, waiting for u to make a little mistake.

Jonaville

If I'm faced with both choices, I will choose to work at a government institution. Like you mentioned, there are many advantages that comes with working in the government office. You can get gratuities and pension upon retirement, and also there are annual leave for workers. However, working for the government has it's own downsides too. Most government jobs pay less than private jobs, and getting a promotion is usually very hard.
But I will still choose the government job anytime.