Where is the best location to build a hotel?

Carpon

Valued Contributor
One important thing to take into consideration when siting an hotel is whether or not the place is highly commercial or not. When I say that I mean is it a place where people visit many times due to the various businesses and activities that go on in the place.
Mostly people that patronize hotels are those who have no home in that location and so your site must be one that people from afar off who are not from that area visit and one thing that takes people away from their homes is business. Business people travel long distances to even places they know no one and so they need a hotel to board in during their time of stay

Suba

Staff member
In my opinion, the best location for each hotel will be different, especially depending on the market share factor, usually cheap class hotels will be near crowded locations such as markets, stations, as well as tourism cities, most strategic locations are associated with ease of access to potential hotel guests. So the best location of the hotel is not only considering the distance but also paying more attention to the competition factor, we will also prefer the uniqueness of the location which will be the main attraction, such as the view around the hotel which has its own charm.

cmoneyspinner

The best location, in my humble opinion, would be The Bahamas. For one thing they encourage foreign investors to open businesses there. A small hotel which about 10 to 30 rooms would do quite well there. You don't have to put the hotel in New Providence, Nassau, which is the capital. Pick one of the out islands. I suggest you subscribe to "Daily Hotel Industry News" (www.hotelnewsresource.com).

Suba

Staff member
The best location, in my humble opinion, would be The Bahamas. For one thing they encourage foreign investors to open businesses there. A small hotel which about 10 to 30 rooms would do quite well there. You don't have to put the hotel in New Providence, Nassau, which is the capital. Pick one of the out islands. I suggest you subscribe to "Daily Hotel Industry News" (www.hotelnewsresource.com).
The Bahamas are very attractive as a short term destination, there are many cheap hotels starting at around $60 a night and luxury hotels there, so you can adjust to your budget. But if we choose the Bahamas as the best location hotel it will be too much competition, if we have to be able to offer something unique and affordable.

cmoneyspinner

The Bahamas are very attractive as a short term destination, there are many cheap hotels starting at around $60 a night and luxury hotels there, so you can adjust to your budget. But if we choose the Bahamas as the best location hotel it will be too much competition, if we have to be able to offer something unique and affordable.
Oh yes! The competition is fierce. But since the person is thinking about it and doing the research, it's a good place to start. From there you might decide to check out some other island locations like Cayman Islands, St. Martin, St. Kitts, etc. That's why I provided that link. You can get a lot of ideas on opportunities. Me personally, I would prefer to invest in a B&B (Bed and Breakfast). Less customers to deal with.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
In our country, you can only open hotel on land allowed for hotel, or say "hotel site', otherwise you will not get a licence. A relative of mine wanted to open a hotel, but his land was residential near commercial shop place, both of which were not allowed to build hotels, so he put rooms on rent method for monthly period.

You actually cannot build a hotel on your choice of place, but only where stupid authorities will allow you. Another relative have a grand hotel, people think that is 5 star hotel, but actually he got only 3 star licence. So whatever you are planning, is not going to be choice, you will need to check diffrent things. including the land that is allowed for build what kind of hotel.