Where is the best location to build a hotel?

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
To build a hotel, you'll need to find a place where authorities will allow you to have one. Actually all countries and provinces have their own law, so even hotel business also depends on that law. Normally building near transport depots, market, and historical monuments is popular, these are to target tourists/businessmen and other travelers. Even housing locality will work if you offer cheap rooms.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
well there is no actual location you can set your business but the things you must consider before getting a location for business is the population of the environment, because the higher the population the higher the demand for your services, you need to set a hotel in a location that is industrious if you want a maximum patronisation.

Briangsam

Hotel business is a very lucrative business. But as lucrative as it is, it could be a nightmare running one as it might be of low turnout. This necessitates having and running a hotel in an urban location. This is because you can be sure of traffic; people patronizing you and you won't spend too much on ammenities and security.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Well for me I think the best location to review the hotel can be in a high populated area where many people lives, because building hotel in a high populated area or very busy area you will get more customers unlike building a hotel in a low populated area, so I think building a hotel in a conducive environment it's perfect.

Setfragil

Hotel is one of the lucrative business that one can venture into. Hotels depends solely on people that patronizes it to survive or make profts. So, if you are planning to build hotel it is advisable for you to look for a crowded or business location to site your hotel. Building hotel in a lonely area is not a good idea except if the hotel is 5 star that has all that is needed to promote it.

IamDozzy

From my experience, the best place to build a hotel is close to an international airport, stadium or an event centre. This is because of the amount of persons that uses all these facilities. Siting your hotel close to these areas ensures you have a large pool of customers that would always be in need of your facility (hotel) for accommodation, recreation and lots more. Siting your hotel in areas with low population density or no monthly or annual event taking place in such areas could spell doom for your hotel business. In summary, location is very important in any business.

Veetos12

One of the most important aspect a business owner should consider is the location of his or her business, it is a known fact that the location of a business to a large extent determines the success of a business. Where will you advise a person who want build a hotel to choose between a commercial area or a residential area? If you have another suggestion apart from those two you can state.
Of course location is an important thing to consider when building a hotel. So between a commercial area and a residential area, a commercial area is the best so as enable traders to easily access the place.

R

Roysmith17

Near Wembley stadium. It's a very good place to start a hotel but already there is a good hotel there (Wembley park hotel) I think it will be your competition.:D

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
One of the most important aspect a business owner should consider is the location of his or her business, it is a known fact that the location of a business to a large extent determines the success of a business. Where will you advise a person who want build a hotel to choose between a commercial area or a residential area? If you have another suggestion apart from those two you can state.
In my state, most hotels are located in university communities, or any other tertiary institutions, that is where so many lively people live and so many events take place. This makes it easy for them to get many patronage all through the day and night. These hotels also have eateries where students come to eat and relax. This is a business strategy that they use to attract enough customers from the students community.

Sammyesx

D

Deleted member 27583

To me
To me it is not advisable to build hotel in a residential area ,because everything we want ti do will one way or the other expose you know like the married men who tend to do some kind of fornication act ,you might see one of his wife friend that lived around that area that wi tell his wife about him ...
So the best place i could advice is to build it in a kind of area like a development area or industria area as well..you building your hotel in that kind of area will give you some much profit because people who close from work might want to chill for a while before they go back to thier houses... So I would suggest anyone who have the capacity to build an hotel should go that kind of area I promise he or she more profit in his or her business...
And lastly don't make you lodging too expensive for people working around there to be able to lodge ....
So I hope I make more sense or contribute more options for those who have the money to build an hotel...

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The poster is not far from the truth. Location is very important in business because it determines the number of customers. If you are considering hotel business. Then you must be looking for a bubbling location. Where the majority of the people living there are either business men and women who will be needing the hotel for meetings and seminars or the youths who will love to lodge for one things or the other. When you locate your hotel business in this area, they will patronizing you for refreshment at times after the stress theh may have gone through

Olajidey

location is one of the key factors that determine success in the hotel business, so if you are going into hotel business you have to locate a commercial centre and you should note that the commercial area is growing centre, some of the advantages of this commercial area is that investors come to this area and investor might come from another place and will need to lodge in hotel another advantages of commercial area is after the ups and downs of the day people will like to refresh themselves too.

Abu4exel

Building an hotel, is one of the hottest business in vogue. And someone must consider the area or location where to build it. A business friendly location is preferable.

Donkiz

The best place to build a hotel is commercial area, that's the only place you are guaranteed to have high number of customers. Building a hotel in a residential area might not be profitable because most of the people in the environment are residents in that area, therefore have their own homes and might not see any reason to come and lodge in your hotel.

Also in most cities, the town planning authorities don't allow people to build hotels in residential areas, so anyone that requests for approval to build hotel in such area might have the his/her application turned down.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Maybe the choice should be a hotel to be built in a commercial area of in a rural area. You cannot build a hotel in a residential area because that is a violation of the zoning law. Anyway, a hotel in a commercial area has the advantage of being in the proximity of the business district where foreigner or business people from the provinces come and will usually stay in the hotel. In a rural area the hotel is best to be situated in a tourist spot or very near a beach resort or even a mountain resort. It can get good business from the local and foreign tourists.

Ephy

Hotel business is a very good business but sometimes it can be bad too if you have no customers. Therefore before you open a hotel you should consider many things including the location of your hotel. Mostly I'll suggest if you want to start q successful hotel business then you should look a location that is always busy, for example like near schools like universities or colleges, high schools and primary schools these are the places that mostly you'll benefit from the business. Also consider an area with no high competition and always be keen on the kinds and quality of food you'll be selling to attract more customers. Cleanliness of your location and also consider government policies.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
For a hotel location matter a lot because you need to have one around that's really accessible. Like a place near a tourist site or the airport. These two places are really good locations that people at this point will always look for where to lodge. Tourists are mostly visitors and will always need a room or food to eat. So hotel at this point will strive.same with a airport location that people from the different part of the world meet, there will be a need for hospitality.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
There are so many things you have to put into consideration when thinking of establishing any form of business or investment , and the location is always one of the most important thing . Another thing that will determine the most suitable location will be the amount of money you have. As we all understand building a house or a hotel in the Urban settlement is much more expensive than building it in the rural settlement.

But if someone has money, the person should try as much as possible to acquire whatever property he or she is interested in the Urban settlement , because the property can be used to do different things like buildings of houses for rent and so many other things.

If I am to invest in hotel it will definitely be in the Urban settlement but the money must be considered because that is what will determine the location.

Lands and housing are really expensive in the Urban settlement and when thinking of buying all these things, money must be put into consideration so as to really help you to make the best decision, if you don't have enough money you will not likely build anything in the Urban settlement

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I think before one start hotel business or investing in the business there are some consideration needed to be put in to place.
(1) Location: Location really matter if one plan to be successful on the business. The location is really matter so that people will be able to access the place without problem.
The place must be urban area s that many people who wanted to lodge or enjoy themselves will be able to.
(2) The quality of their service must also be put in to place so that people will be patronizing them .
(3) The price should not be to much for people to bear.