When to stop promoting an affiliate program?

niche

Verified member
Many businesses or their websites have an affiliate program to increase the number of members , customers, sales. The affiliate program is a convenient way for the business to get backlinks, without paying the marketer for visitors who do not convert. In many cases, the online marketer or publisher notices that there is no conversion despite sending a large number of visitors to the business website. In this case, the online marketer often tries some other affiliate program, hoping he or she will get some conversions. For how long do you promote a particular program if you are not getting any conversion at all, despite sending visitors?
Do you stop promoting the website/business if you send 50 visitors through their affiliate program without conversion or are more patient?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Many businesses or their websites have an affiliate program to increase the number of members , customers, sales. The affiliate program is a convenient way for the business to get backlinks, without paying the marketer for visitors who do not convert. In many cases, the online marketer or publisher notices that there is no conversion despite sending a large number of visitors to the business website. In this case, the online marketer often tries some other affiliate program, hoping he or she will get some conversions. For how long do you promote a particular program if you are not getting any conversion at all, despite sending visitors?
Do you stop promoting the website/business if you send 50 visitors through their affiliate program without conversion or are more patient?
I don't really know much about affiliate marketing and I may not really be interested to engage myself physically. if I need more people to have access to my services I'll pay an affiliate marketer to have the job done for me. I'll just tell the person that amount of visitors I will need and so many other things they might be interested to know.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
This is the reason why tracking is very important for every campaign you are running for the affiliate marketing. You must have external software that will track the behaviour of the traffic you are sending to the affiliate offer. The tracking software should be able to give accurate report on impression click and conversion rate of the campaign you are running. This will give you full data to know if you have been cheated by the affiliate program you are using.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Though I don't really like giving up most time but the fact is that we don't need to continue when we know the result will be failure. Affiliate marketing can be very frustrating if it is well managed. When we discover that we are not getting result despite our effort, then we can back out.

dagm

Though I don't like giving up most of the time, we don't need to keep going when we know the outcome will be failure. If you don't handle your affiliate marketing properly, it can be incredibly frustrating. We can back out if we notice that despite our efforts, we are not obtaining results.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I am going to stop an affiliate program if the click-through rate I am receiving on every traffic I sent to the affiliate offer is less than 1%. it shows that the products on the affiliate program are not converting very well despite send targeted traffic to the offers. I am going to look out for another affiliate program with better click-through rate on every traffic I sent.

Mika

VIP Contributor
After doing affiliate marketing for almost six months, I finally stopped affiliate marketing because I was unable to sell any products. When I was earning $30 per month on average from CPC ads, I did not earn even a penny. Therefore, I believe if you are not earning for a long time, you should stop affiliate marketing.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
You should stop promoting affiliate program if it happens that they keep reducing their commission rate periodically. This is the reason why I stopped promoting Amazon progress on my website because they keep reducing their commission rate consistently. You need to make a lot of sales before you make decent income as an affiliate.

tray59

You should stop promoting affiliate program if it happens that they keep reducing their commission rate periodically. This is the reason why I stopped promoting Amazon progress on my website because they keep reducing their commission rate consistently. You need to make a lot of sales before you make decent income as an affiliate.
That is just the basic infact I will call it quiting I will rather suspend such marchent that is why I enjoy promoting my affiliate program that I pick from affiliate directory rather than chosing a marchent product direct,I will stop promoting affiliate program when I know people are no longer interested in that niched,doing so will waste your time and no sell will be recorded

niche

Verified member
How do you find out if people are not interested in purchasing the products or services which you are promoting using the affiliate program. Typically what is the conversion rate for affiliate programs, based on your experience. Does it depend on the price of the product or service which is being promoted ?

D

Deleted member 28127

The rate you are mentionning 50 visitors to get a conversion is extremelly low and shows that the person is showing interest to the reward and not being patient for the results. The normal conversion rate is 3 or 4 signups per 1000 visitors means lower than a conversion per 50 visitors. If you try banner advertising you will realise that conclusion.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
List building is the reason why I am unable to continue with affiliate marketing. You need to build list of loyal subscriber if you want to make consistent income with affiliate marketing. it is very important to get an autoresponder if you want to build list for affiliate marketing campaign and I can't afford the monthly payments.

tray59

List building is the reason why I am unable to continue with affiliate marketing. You need to build list of loyal subscriber if you want to make consistent income with affiliate marketing. it is very important to get an autoresponder if you want to build list for affiliate marketing campaign and I can't afford the monthly payments.
That is why you need some money at hand before you start affiliate marketing,sometime I will recommend that you make use of seo or use the sponsord ads from facebook its one of the way to reachout to your potential customer

Yeah that right. If you can manage time in future then you should continue it. I think this will be perfect for you. Because if you have left no stone unturned then continuing affiliate marketing will be a good options.