When pension is not sufficient

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is a sad reality for some pensioners in our country. They would get a loan and pawn their ATM card (where the monthly pension is automatically deposited). More often than not the pensioner would be saddled with debts so he had to work.

That is the story of a pensioner who is driving a pedicab to ply passengers inside our village. It is a yeoman’s job to push the pedal with a passenger. He is as old as I am which gave me the realization that I am lucky that my pension is enough for me. I cannot imagine myself doing hard work to earn my keep. This is a lesson for those nearing retirement. Save more and more to keep you afloat even when you have no more job.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I can totally relate with this because in my country some pensioners don't even get a regular pension from the government and it is really appalling. I think savings is good but it will be a lot better to start investing what will be generating money after retirement. This will help people fare better

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Workers in my country are beginning to understand the situation at hand and I see many of them who are making sure they have some real estate before their retirement age, this would help to be generating Money for them even after they retire. The government does not pay them much and it would be painful relying on one's pension only.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Pension can never be enough because no one can have enough money. The best thing to do is to get an investment or an asset before retiring. This will help in long way to augment the paltry pension. Some pensioners as well have learnt some skills before their retirement. They plan to be involving in this skill when they retire.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Retirement time isn't time to overwork or think about how to make livelihood. That's why during the early days of man, he should work hard to earn reasonable amount of money, secure good paying good, save and invest so the future will be ever bright. I can't imagine myself suffering when I'm suppose to enjoy my time, especially during retirement.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I can totally relate with this because in my country some pensioners don't even get a regular pension from the government and it is really appalling. I think savings is good but it will be a lot better to start investing what will be generating money after retirement. This will help people fare better
The side income during the retirement years is usually driving for public transport. I pity the drivers of the pedicab that ply inside our village. The pedicab is a bicycle with an attached cab for 2 passengers. Using the pedal to ferry such passengers is hard work. For sure the driver gets sick once in a while due to the abuse of his body.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The side income during the retirement years is usually driving for public transport. I pity the drivers of the pedicab that ply inside our village. The pedicab is a bicycle with an attached cab for 2 passengers. Using the pedal to ferry such passengers is hard work. For sure the driver gets sick once in a while due to the abuse of his body.
Well. People still fall sick even those working in the corporate world. They just need not to over stress themselves in a bid of trying to make all the money in one day. Caution is needed when trying to work very hard tp make money especially for seniors. But it all good as they keep themselves busy.