Shares/Stock When is the Right Time to Take Profit on Stock Investment?

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
Various stock investment strategies and methods are often discussed in forums, webinars and communities. One of the issues that is often discussed is how to take profits, but stock price movements are difficult to predict, so it often makes it difficult for investors to determine when is the right time to buy and sell shares.

As you know. Making an inappropriate take profit decision can be considered a loss, because it is very important for stock investors (not traders), to be able to determine when is the right time to take profit.

samual

You can gain profit at the end of the year after you are done with the business for the year .

Shaf

Verified member
I don't know how volatile stocks are and how much profits to expect over a period of time, but I think it's a safe rule to remove your capital or part of it whenever an asset rises by 50% or 100%.

This way, you have sufficient to buy again if it goes lower while protecting your capital while you can still gain from the remaining stocks should the asset appreciate from that point.

It's a lesson I've learnt from cryptocurrency and it's valuable to preserve your capital in case anything happens to the market in general or that particular company in particular.

If you don't do that, then set a target for yourself and stick to it when the time comes, because greed can set in thinking the price will go higher when it could be top for it for that cycle.

Suba

Staff member
In theory, the right time to take profit is when the stock price reaches the level or target price we want. But stock price movements are very difficult to predict so it is not easy for stock investors to determine the right time to buy and sell stocks. we need detailed records or calculations of each type of stock we have, so that we (investors) can decide when to take profit and when to let the profit run.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have invested in the stock market? When did I take profits from the stock market? What is the appropriate time to take profits from the stock market?

If you are investing in the stock market you can do two types of investment, one, short-term investment, and two, long-term investment. Short-term investment is you sell your stocks as soon as you see some profits. If you have bought a lot of stocks, you can make good profits even when there is a slight improvement in the market. A long-term investment is you buy stocks and hold your stocks for the long term. This method will be profitable even when you have invested a small amount. However, long-term investment will make you profits only when you have invested in profitable companies.

I think a long-term investment is a better strategy. However, you need to be financially capable to hold your investment for the long term and never panic sell.

King bell

VIP Contributor
When it comes to stock investment, there is no perfect time to take profit. However, waiting for the right time can have its benefits. By holding on to your investment, you can earn more money in the long run.

There are a few things to consider before selling your stocks. First, you need to assess the current market conditions. If the market is unstable, it might be a good idea to wait for it to stabilize before selling.

Second, you need to look at your personal circumstances. If you have a short-term goal, such as buying a house, it might be better to sell your stocks and use the money to reach your goal.

Third, you need to consider the taxes you will have to pay if you sell your stocks. If you sell them for a profit, you will be liable for capital gains tax.

Taking all of these factors into consideration will help you decide when the right time to sell your stocks is. There is no perfect time, but by waiting for the right time, you can maximize your profits.