Loans When do you actually need a loan?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I like your tactic! It's better to be safe than to be sorry. Which means you always borrow the amount you have at hand. But what if you need more than $200 for your project. Let's say you need $400 and you are having $200 at hand. Will you still go ahead with the project, by borrowing that $400 against your said $ 200...????
That's my argument with girlfriend yesterday. I don't do project that I can't afford finacially. I am a realist. While some people believe in what they have not seen, I believe in what I have seen or about to see. If the project is beyond me finacially, I don't do it. But if it is compulsory, I borrow from my family members only. I hate embarrassment from outsiders, I can still condone my family embarrassing me.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
You are right. I take loan as well. But this is the method I always use. If I need $200 and I have $200. I will take a loan of $200 for the project. If the projects works out well. I will pay from the profit and if it fails, I will pay with my own money. I don't like using debt to pay loans as others do incase the plan fails.
I like your tactic! It's better to be safe than to be sorry. Which means you always borrow the amount you have at hand. But what if you need more than $200 for your project. Let's say you need $400 and you are having $200 at hand. Will you still go ahead with the project, by borrowing that $400 against your said $ 200...????

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I see your point! Loan is not just something to joke with but people may be in some dire situations, that they have no other option than to sort after a loan. And we can't really blame them for that. Anybody can take a loan, so far they have a means to back that loan within the agreement time frame. To each is own!
You are right. I take loan as well. But this is the method I always use. If I need $200 and I have $200. I will take a loan of $200 for the project. If the projects works out well. I will pay from the profit and if it fails, I will pay with my own money. I don't like using debt to pay loans as others do incase the plan fails.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
In one of my threads, I explained when a person should go for loan. It is not as if loan is not good but unforseen circumstances may make a loan become unpayable thereby becoming bad debt. It is only advisable to obtain loan to expand business and not to start up buinsess because a business growth is unpredictable.
I see your point! Loan is not just something to joke with but people may be in some dire situations, that they have no other option than to sort after a loan. And we can't really blame them for that. Anybody can take a loan, so far they have a means to back that loan within the agreement time frame. To each is own!

btaliat

VIP Contributor
In one of my threads, I explained when a person should go for loan. It is not as if loan is not good but unforseen circumstances may make a loan become unpayable thereby becoming bad debt. It is only advisable to obtain loan to expand business and not to start up buinsess because a business growth is unpredictable.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Unpredictable incidents can let you need a loan:
If your child make an accident and needs an operation to survive
If your house is damaged by incident like fire
So some expenses are unpredictable you don't even whit saved money can complete them this is why people are going to get loan.
I see your reasons! I know there are so many reasons why anyone can take a loan. But I know one of the most valuable ways people take a loan is sometimes for establishing a business because they know after creating the business, it will open ways for them to be able to pay the loan back. But if you take a loan for a problem, after solving the problem, you will be in another problem of paying back the loan you borrowed. That's vicious circle!

D

Deleted member 28127

Unpredictable incidents can let you need a loan:
If your child make an accident and needs an operation to survive
If your house is damaged by incident like fire
So some expenses are unpredictable you don't even whit saved money can complete them this is why people are going to get loan.