When choosing a job, watch your health

Do you ever think of your healthcare when accepting a job offer especially when such job has a health risk something.
I remember last year when I interned in a pharmaceutical industry. It was a wonderful experience but I noticed something risky to the health of workers in the packaging department. When ever they use their heat shrinking equipment on packs, it melts the ends and smell like a burnt plastic material. It was not a good thing for me because the smell irritates me so much and health-wise, it is 100 percent bad.

So I avoided that department very well because if the health hazard associated with them.
So check your healthcare when accepting a job, don't accept where your health will be at a greater risk.

Jonaville

Yes you are absolutely right, no matter the prospects or mouthwatering benefits a job has to offer, one must first think of the health risks/hazards that come with it. We should never compromise our health for any job, even if it brings millions. Remember, health is wealth.

Kennysplash

Verified member
Do you ever think of your healthcare when accepting a job offer especially when such job has a health risk something.
I remember last year when I interned in a pharmaceutical industry. It was a wonderful experience but I noticed something risky to the health of workers in the packaging department. When ever they use their heat shrinking equipment on packs, it melts the ends and smell like a burnt plastic material. It was not a good thing for me because the smell irritates me so much and health-wise, it is 100 percent bad.

So I avoided that department very well because if the health hazard associated with them.
So check your healthcare when accepting a job, don't accept where your health will be at a greater risk.
You are absolutely right, your health is very important more than the money you might be thinking of making. Although every work has its own risks you just have to be careful with the risks you want to go into. I was called for a job sometime ago, the job is being a salesperson for popular drinks production company. I will be supplying customers in the area, but the risk is something beyond me. If you notice those that supply crates of drinks you will understand me, they will be throwing the crates from the top of the big vehicle downwards. I am a clumsy person and a slight mistake can go very wrong. What if I missed and it hits my head or something? That is why I turned it down.

Lekhraj19

Verified member
Yes, you said that right. If some person has some illness like being diabetic or high blood pressure, they are not advised to do the office jobs where you have to sit for long hours and do the work. It depends on the health that you can do that or not. However, in some countries they have made paddling chair where one can do the work and paddle down to burn calories. But, since it's rare and people are not used to easily doing the task and paddling at the same time, so these people should choose a kind of field work where mobility is there.

Sitting jobs are normally very tough for the aged people. So, they are not advised to do this.

You are absolutely right, your health is very important more than the money you might be thinking of making. Although every work has its own risks you just have to be careful with the risks you want to go into. I was called for a job sometime ago, the job is being a salesperson for popular drinks production company. I will be supplying customers in the area, but the risk is something beyond me. If you notice those that supply crates of drinks you will understand me, they will be throwing the crates from the top of the big vehicle downwards. I am a clumsy person and a slight mistake can go very wrong. What if I missed and it hits my head or something? That is why I turned it down.
Yes. Really right because every work has its own risk too.

There are indeed risks in every job, but the one I am talking about here is the type of risk where you are totally exposed to without any personal protective equipment (PPE) to guard you.

Where I interned, the workers on the packaging department do not make use of nose masks at all, they breath in and out carbon from that melting packs which is really bad and the smell to me is so bad and irritating. You could be working in an oil industry where refining of oil goes on for 24 hours but you must have to wear safety wears which is good. Though, you are at risk but you are protected to an extent by your safety equipments.

Khezo

This should be the first thing any sane person should enquiry about or do if you ask me, you can't just go about accepting jobs because of the pay your health should also matter a lot. Take for example I can work just that requires heavy lifting or have to do with smoke or dust not because I'm lazy but because I am not medically fit to do them.