What's the Difference between Investment and Business

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
To know the difference we have to explain what investment and business is. First let’s take investment and ask Wikipedia for the definition. Investment is the commitment of money or capital to purchase financial instruments or other assets in order to gain profitable returns in form of interest, income, or appreciation of the value of the instrument.

Investment is just placing cash in something in the expectation of making a benefit later on. You can invest in numerous things, such countless examples of ventures like land, real estate, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, forex, and so forth....

What is business: A business is an association or organization that provides products and services and makes benefit subsequently. We have internet business, retail (buy&sell) business and other examples of business.

Share your views

Sammyesx

They are both kind of similar in which you put in capital for the aim of making more profit, the difference I can site is that an investment is more like putting your money into something specific with the aim of making profit, which does not necessarily requires your everyday input, as opposed to the case of a business that require the presence of an entrepreneur or any other person for daily input.

A K Rao

To know the difference we have to explain what investment and business is. First let’s take investment and ask Wikipedia for the definition. Investment is the commitment of money or capital to purchase financial instruments or other assets in order to gain profitable returns in form of interest, income, or appreciation of the value of the instrument.

Investment is just placing cash in something in the expectation of making a benefit later on. You can invest in numerous things, such countless examples of ventures like land, real estate, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, forex, and so forth....

What is business: A business is an association or organization that provides products and services and makes benefit subsequently. We have internet business, retail (buy&sell) business and other examples of business.

Share your views
In 8nvestment we put the money to multiply it without our physical involvement, wee give the money or keep the money in such a phashion that without our involvement it gets appreciation.This is a passive income we generate. In case of business we invest or put the money and also we render our services to multiply it by indulging ourselves in various acts to reap the profits, This is a active income and here our physical presence is a must.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I think I have answered this particular question somewhere else. Investment in itself is also a part of business depending on how the owner of the business takes it. Investment is like putting your money on something and expecting a particular return after some period of time while business is like what you put your money on that you expect to maintain and take the profit for a long period of time.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Investment and business are kind of similar in my own thinking. Like even in business, we say that you are investing money and time to trade in order to earn profits. I guess many people use the difference of investing time to draw a line between the two. Meaning if you just put money somewhere but don't spend time and effort, that will be investing. But spending money, time, effort and skill to do something for profit is business.

Setho

VIP Contributor
The both of them are actually ways in which you can make money. Whenever you are investing into something it means that you are injecting money into it and sometimes you do not even have to manage it. When you are making a business it is possible that you can be investing money into it or you might not even invest money maybe just your time but the most important thing is that you are actively managing it.