Trading Discussion What should be the minimum investment in forex?

Razor1911

Most of the beginner trader faces hard time in the forex market. The reason for their situation is their inexperience and lack of knowledge. Since the forex traders joins the market for the first time, they don't have necessary exposure of the market earlier. Due to which they have to face tough time here.

To minimise the risk of loss, it is paramount that a newbie trader at first should draft a plan. Forex market is very uncertain, it moves from here to there in no time. In such a highly volatile market, when we trade with a plan it will help to minizmyie the risk.

And one part of that plan is the minimum amount for trading. Usually it depends upon many factors. But usually I prefer to trade with $500. It gives enough margin for use to cover up any losses in case market moves adversely. Many brokers do allow deposit as low as $10 but we must beware of such minimum deposit as it is very risky to trade with low margin.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
You can start trading of forex with as low as 10 to $20 but this will not generate you a reasonable profit, if you're making 10% of $20 that will be only $2 which is nothing compared to the risk you are taking,to make a reasonable profit it is advisable for you to invest as much as 100 to $500 for a start.

A K Rao

If you are new to the Forex trading then it would be better to contact any one of the known commission agent who can work for you by giving suitable advises. Since these people are regularly coming across the new people they know how to tackle them and they have a ready made kit to make you understand tricks of the trade. I would have taken the advise of such agents before investing.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
At promo.stormgain broker you'll need $10 at minimum to get into trading, their is no max amount of money you can trade. If you like you can trade all you got for the sake of making money through forex trading. Those who are experts knows when it is right for them to trade, they don't enter the market all the time even if they are not making enough. They wait till it is certain for them to trade and make gain.

Razor1911

At promo.stormgain broker you'll need $10 at minimum to get into trading, their is no max amount of money you can trade. If you like you can trade all you got for the sake of making money through forex trading. Those who are experts knows when it is right for them to trade, they don't enter the market all the time even if they are not making enough. They wait till it is certain for them to trade and make gain.
But that also you will get after 7 days of mining. There are even more forex offers available where you can get better bonuses. I have tried stormgain but their terms are very peculiar. I think as far as I remember they will charge around $35 when you will withdraw.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
But that also you will get after 7 days of mining. There are even more forex offers available where you can get better bonuses. I have tried stormgain but their terms are very peculiar. I think as far as I remember they will charge around $35 when you will withdraw.
Hmm, charging $35 from the total i make isn't nice if I'm withdrawing little amount of profit. But if I'm withdrawing profit from $1,000 and I'm charged $35 it will be okay, and not when I'm withdrawing from $500 down. That will make me quit trading from their broker. But i know stormgain has other amazing offers that makes traders love it.

Razor1911

Hmm, charging $35 from the total i make isn't nice if I'm withdrawing little amount of profit. But if I'm withdrawing profit from $1,000 and I'm charged $35 it will be okay, and not when I'm withdrawing from $500 down. That will make me quit trading from their broker. But i know stormgain has other amazing offers that makes traders love it.
Before quitting I would suggest to check from the site itself. As far as I know the terms and conditions against changed by the website. Now I think you have to pay $88 for withdrawing money from your wallet. But I have not checked that myself, I have also come to know from different forums where people posted.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Before quitting I would suggest to check from the site itself. As far as I know the terms and conditions against changed by the website. Now I think you have to pay $88 for withdrawing money from your wallet. But I have not checked that myself, I have also come to know from different forums where people posted.
Hmm, that's huge amount we're saying here for taxation. It depends on the amount the trader earned from trading digital assets. If I'm the one trading forex or crypto then made just $200 as profit i won't be paying such amount I'll look other alternative to bypass such heavy tax charges.

Razor1911

Hmm, that's huge amount we're saying here for taxation. It depends on the amount the trader earned from trading digital assets. If I'm the one trading forex or crypto then made just $200 as profit i won't be paying such amount I'll look other alternative to bypass such heavy tax charges.
But earning from $10 and reaching, 200 you have to be very good at it. You are talking about 20 times of the initial amount. I remember I won't reached up to $30 year but after that I keep on losing and lost everything. So I could not check the validity of their withdrawal process.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
With my little knowledge on forex trading I think you can deposit little as $10 and of course you can start from here and make a considerable amount of money. If you have more than that you can Invest, but one thing you need to bear in mind is that financial and risk management is very important because if you don't have it you will lose all your money.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
But earning from $10 and reaching, 200 you have to be very good at it. You are talking about 20 times of the initial amount. I remember I won't reached up to $30 year but after that I keep on losing and lost everything. So I could not check the validity of their withdrawal process.
I'm trying to say if i earn $200 as profit from forex trading and the government charges me $20-$30 as tax per withdrawal i won't be happy for that. That will discourage me from continuing from using such broker to trade forex. At tines it down to brokers charging high by adding extra charges to the normal tax you're subjected to pay.

Ray Martinez

Forex is a risky market. Many traders are losing money due to lose control of their feeling. So, EA or robot is good alternative for them. It doesn’t involve emotion in trading. There are lot of EAs in the market. Some work and some don’t. So, trader should test it in demo account before using in real account. I always test new EA or strategy in free demo account with Forex4you.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This should be personal question because small amount is relative. What is big for me may be small for others. The only thing we need to mind while trading is to trade with what we can part in case the trade doesn't favor us. While also trying to minimize our risk, we should not trade with mesgre amount because it will just seem we are wasting our time.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
$500 is still a huge money to start with considering the price volatility of the market you really do need to learn to adjust your margin and find the best amount that will be convenient ,atleast 10% of your investment should be used for trading so you won't be too bothered when the market don't go your way

sincerem

VIP Contributor
If a newbie trader wants to get started with forex trading, it is advised to start off from small and not trading with large funds. Using small funds and learning how the market is all about will help prepare him or her and offer experience on how to trade and manage funds because its highly risk even with some level if experience.