What kind of header should you use on your blog What kind of header you should use on your w

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
One of the common mistakes a lot of bloggers and website owners make is regarding the header of the website/blog. You can use a cover image for header, you can use your website name and banner for header, you can use your website logo for header. The options are unlimited. However, if you are not using the proper header, your website will look ugly.

If you have just started blogging or are thinking about building a bog or website, you might find the following tips regarding what type of header to use very handy.

Keeping your header blank does not look good, therefore, you need to create a nice header to your blog. You can either use your website name for header with spot color in the background, use an image, or digital art as a header, or use your website logo and banner in the header. It is not very difficult to this. You can create a nice header on photoshop or canva.

While creating header, you have to choose a design that matches with your blog niche, and the background you are using.

You can also use header menu for your important pages like About, Contact, or link to social pages like facebook or Twitter.

Mika

VIP Contributor
MY header is usually the name of my website and slogan. I also use the header menu. I use spot color on my header. I do not use graphics or images. Your website might look nice if you are using a lot of graphics but by using a lot of graphics you are also making your website load slow. I use my website initials as the favicon. I also use logo on my header.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Using website name and slogan, or say subtitle, for your header is a good strategy. If you use keywords on your subtitle, it might even help SEO on your blog. I use the post category and website pages for header menu, this helps in user navigation. When the visitors can find the content they are looking for it greatly helps .