What Is Your Biggest Investing Mistake?

Josemendez

Verified member
This same thing happened to a very close friend. Funny enough when she first me about this investment I discourage her that it sounds scamming that she should forget it. But she went behind my back to invest. It was when they ran with her money that I got to hear about it. Any thing money doubling is always a scam
Such people are better left to carry on with the Investment and until they lose money from it , their eyes will open and they will not have anything else but to regret having not listened when they were advised against it. I believe that it is better for people like that to learn from experience . Greed is something that has killed many people

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
There are a lot of investing mistakes I have made but I would not categorize investing in crypto currency as my biggest mistake. Well, I would have made a lot of money if I had invested in Bitcoin in 2009. However, I have no regret because no one knew Bitcoin would be so big in 2009.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have also made some investing mistakes. One of my biggest investing mistakes I committed was not investing in Bitcoin and Ethereum when I could. Between 2016 and 2018, I was earning Bitcoin. Instead of saving my bitcoin, I was converting it into fiat currency. If I had held Bitcoins, I would have at least 1 BTC. I also made a similar investing mistake with Ethereum. I could have bought 20 ETH when it was $12. But Alas!

sincerem

VIP Contributor
At this time I'll simply say, I never encountered any major issue when it comes to investing money online or offline. I'm always wary about the kind of investment or business I'm entering, if it will bring me financial gain or not. Then I take advantage of it when it is ideal to land me profit.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Mistake is one the way to show that one is really progressing and taking some steps towards success. I made a mistake of selling off my coins around 2016 when I have bitcoins in large number. Then I was into one ponzi scheme that paid with bitcoins. But I sold them off not knowing it will become what it is today.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The biggest investment mistake i have ever made is around 2017. Even though it was not a big money but i regretted doing it. it is a scheme that promises to pay people to read news online and i invested my money but could not even get anything in return as they promised.

Setho

VIP Contributor
The biggest mistake that I actually made in investing was a very funny. In 2016 I made an investment of about 20,000 naira in a local bank here thinking I was making a wise decision. Fast forward to now that particular share is w a little under 10,000 naira now even in this particular economy.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That's one if the mistakes of lives. We can't over emphasize on that, rather move on to achieving our own success through what we can achieve in the future. Bemoaning on the previous mistakes and never moved forward to solving our own short comings makes us making more mistake and never move up. I've learned lessons from the decision I took that never yielded result for me earlier on.

Andrew79

sorry to hear about your story Abigael

My biggest regret was not investing in bitcoin but i think there is the regret for so many. its not too late though. They is a saying the best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, the second best time is now :)

Choose your tree wisely though :)

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Such people are better left to carry on with the Investment and until they lose money from it , their eyes will open and they will not have anything else but to regret having not listened when they were advised against it. I believe that it is better for people like that to learn from experience . Greed is something that has killed many people
so this is like experience is the best teacher, some people just need to learn the hard way. You can imagine someone investing in one ponzi scheme to another and keep ranting and complaining each time they are duped. Yeah, it is good to invest but we need to be wise about it

Mika

VIP Contributor
Knowingly or unknowingly, all of us are investing in something. We may not be investing in our business, we may not be investing in the share market, but we buy property, we save money in banks, we buy gold and these are all investments. Investment means putting money into something that will give us profits.

“To err is human” is not just a proverb, it has a lot of truth. We human beings are prone to make mistakes, and we make a lot of investing mistakes.

You wouldn’t expect to make investing mistake from someone who has said...

“I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for ten years.”

However, Warren Buffett has also made a couple of investing mistakes. For example, in 2017, he admitted that he made a great mistake by not investing in Amazon or Google.

Last edited:

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I also regret not investing in cryptocurrencies when there prices were really low. But that does not equal the regret I have for investing in ponzi schemes. That happened last year when I first learnt of bitcoin trippler and doubler sites, cloud mining sites some exchange sites. I lost so much money in these after all the sites I invested in went scam.
This same thing happened to a very close friend. Funny enough when she first me about this investment I discourage her that it sounds scamming that she should forget it. But she went behind my back to invest. It was when they ran with her money that I got to hear about it. Any thing money doubling is always a scam

Josemendez

Verified member
The worst mistake I have made is in this present dip in the cryptocurrency world. I have learnt from it. I failed to have a sell limit in my cryptocurrency journey and this made me to be greedy in holdl my altcoins for long and even when the price soared higher , I wasn't able to sell and now I have lost money during this dip in the market.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Mine is not an online business that makes totally different. The mistake i did was that I have no prior knowledge on transport business in Nigeria. I never knew that most of the drivers are totally insane. If you are a Nigerian most especially lagosian you will understand what I meant by using the word insane
I bought a Volkswagen LT bus for 1.6 million naira and I lost everything
I have not recovered from the loss till
today

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I also regret not investing in cryptocurrencies when there prices were really low. But that does not equal the regret I have for investing in ponzi schemes. That happened last year when I first learnt of bitcoin trippler and doubler sites, cloud mining sites some exchange sites. I lost so much money in these after all the sites I invested in went scam.

Jack Reacher

Verified member
I see that the biggest mistake that the most of traders do is they trade with huge lots and high risk to profit with no plan or money management so this is the reason of the loss to a large portion of traders. So i think that we need to control on this and dependably maintain a strategic distance from the trade with high risk and with huge parts in light of the fact that the trade with plan is the best thing that dependably lead us to the achievement. At least we should follow 1:1 risk and reward ratio because a survey shows that most traders are right in more than 50% times. I am trading with Eurotrader. I have picked up this broker because it is a regulated broker. In the same place I can trade both forex and Futures.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
May I ask if anyone here has news about the $1.5 billion investment of Elon Musk in Bitcoin. Is he earning from his holdings? I guess he is losing now because the price of Bitcoin fell down and probably would break Elon's crown if the price continues to sink. Thank you in advance if you have something to share on that issue of Elon Musk.

Samuel72

Verified member
My biggest investment mistake I had was when I invest in litecoin, I hear that it was a new crypto-currency that came out and it is a fast growing cryptocurrency, so I decided to invest and ever since I invest in litecoin the price keeps decreasing, up till date, I have not sold my litcoin and the price is still down.