What is web hosting and who is a web host?

BukBizz

Most individuals and organizations do not have their own web servers. They rent server space maintained by a third-party company that specializes in providing the technology and services required to host websites.

Web hosting is a service that enables you to "host" and "service" web pages to users on the Internet without worrying about running or maintaining a web server.

Web hosting service provider (web host) is the name of a third-party company that provides web hosting services.

What's your definition. Kindly share...

There are services out there that offer hosting, and web hosting for your business. You can look at my Youtube channel as I'd reviewed a few hosting type entities that provide excellent service with more juice for your buck. Do a search on YouTube for "Marketing Adventure" and you will find a green triangle logo with a compass on it. And my avatar with Neil the astronaut... that's where my channel is - hopefully you will find what you are looking for?

Jonjer

If you want to monetize your website, then speed needs to be a factor. Cloudways is the best hosting company at the moment, and I believe their basic package allows you to have more than one website. I would suggest you go with A2 Hosting initially (if your website is younger than six months old), and then as you start to rank on Google, switch to Cloudways. You may also need to get a plugin called WP Rocket if you have a lot of articles on your site. You need at least 100 articles on a blog. You can submit your site to Google Adsense or Ezoic once you have 55 blog posts and some traffic.

D

Deleted member 28127

If you want to monetize your website, then speed needs to be a factor. Cloudways is the best hosting company at the moment, and I believe their basic package allows you to have more than one website. I would suggest you go with A2 Hosting initially (if your website is younger than six months old), and then as you start to rank on Google, switch to Cloudways. You may also need to get a plugin called WP Rocket if you have a lot of articles on your site. You need at least 100 articles on a blog. You can submit your site to Google Adsense or Ezoic once you have 55 blog posts and some traffic.
I think A2 Hosting is for experimented users because after reading their use case like use node js and MongoDB and VPS Hosting panel add to configure your Cpanel it requires a little of Programmation trick, it is not like ready CMS for beginners. Additionally, you take all the risks for installing your code. So for WP Rocket, I have shown randomly on WordPress hosting in NameCheap.