What is the primary purpose of your business?

Mika

VIP Contributor
Do you have a business? What is the primary purpose of your business? Why did you launch your business?

I do not know yet what would be your answer, you can share below, but I see a lot of people saying things like:

My business is to serve my community.

My business is a way to give back to society.

My business is a way to help other people.

They may say a lot of things but may not admit one vital thing:

“My business is to make money and get rich.”

I have a problem with this view point. Why are people fooling themselves (and also us) with such wrong notions? Your business is for making money. Yes, if your business succeeds, you will pay tax, employ people, sponsor social causes, help the community, etc. We need to openly admit that our business is for money making purposes.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You spoke wonderful things dear. The main purpose of starting up a business is for the profit. Anyone who is busy jumping from one end to another without stating the main reason of starting a business is simply hitting around the business in acrimonious fashion, busy fooling him or herself. I started my business with a straightforward mindset of making money, from there i can extend to helping people by employing them when it expand.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
No matter the other purpose one might have on why they are about to or running a business. The first thing is money making. They are trying to increase their wealth and that’s the truth. Every other thing is secondary. So profit making that is why it is good to make sales for profit

funmi

Verified member
The paramount and primary purpose of everybody that want to start up a business or that is into a business is to make profits. Nothing more or nothing less. Every business owner always have profit that the back of there minds as they plan their business. Nobody that is into a business is doing it for fun but only to make gain or profits.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The primary purpose of my business is to earn a good profit. Of course, it doesn't mean that I would be doing illegal or immoral things to reach my goal. The profit can be used in many ways like I was able to provide employment to 4 people and I had given our clients convenience for their needs of our products.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't have a business yet but the main purpose of the business I am about to go into is for making money and for the satisfaction of people I do business with, although satisfaction of people should be our first priority but also we need to put ourselves into consideration when we are starting up a business in terms of how we can make profit.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
well, I don't have a business yet but I will try to establish my own business in the nearest future and before then I would have mapped out rules and regulations and of course the purpose of it. many people venture into several businesses without knowing the primary purpose of what their business is all about and this has led to a lot of business failures.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
The primary purpose of my business is to make money so that I can live a comfortable life and also can afford to give regular donation. I am clear on my motive. I am not lying to myself saying I established my business to serve the community and help people. Well, I will of course help the community, but let me first make money

Abigael

Valued Contributor
That is right, it is best to admit that most of the time, the main purpose to start a business is to earn some money. You will get profits and that will be some good income to pay bills. But you should not also forget that the business should be solving a certain problem in the community. That is how you will earn customers.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Businesses are selling products and services, these products and services are bought by consumers only when they feel that these are absolutely necessary. Therefore, business develops products that the consumers find useful. However, it is also true that businesses market products in a way that the consumer start believing that they want to dearly.

Good luck

Verified member
The primary purpose of my business is to see it flourishing and making waves in the society.To help the less privileged ones in the community which will be my little way of contributing to the society and help the masses.My purpose is also to also have a good product in the market and to also smile to the bank Everytime.

Skysaint

Verified member
The primary purpose of my business is to make more money from the business by trying to get the attention of the public to my business. I think that should be the sole aim of every business enterprise, and that's just what doing business entails.
If it's actually a way to help people then it shouldn't be considered as a business but maybe as a charity organization as that's their own aim of setting up the company or firm.
No one establishes a business inorder to help people, the only thing you can possibly do in that aspect is to ensure you deal on quality goods and services and not to scam innocent people

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I think the primary purpose of any business is to make income. I know they might come on to the radio or television to you believe that they are somehow touching lives or care about you but those are just the ways to get closer to you to make you trust them, it is simply called a marketing strategy. You do not expect a company to be telling people that they care more about making money right in their commercial, nobody is going to patronize such brand no matter how important their product might seem to be. So it all boils down to them trying to make money from you, but they have to use what they have to get what they want from you. That is just the simple tactics.