What is the optimum length and conservative design of a blog?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am posting this topic on blogging because I usually read only the blog that is not very long. I have a short attention span that my reading comprehension is only up to 2 pages of a word document unless the writing is easy to read and very interesting otherwise I would exit the website.

Aside from the length of 3 pages maximum the style of writing is a combination of simple and complex sentences. As much as possible I would not need a dictionary to understand what I am reading.

Regarding the design of the web page loud colors can glare my eyes but dark colors are hard to read as well. Having images would be a great addition but short videos are not preferred because it would impede my reading unless the video is amazing. I hope this guide can be of help. This is based on my preferred style of a blog to read.

Mika

VIP Contributor
My blog contains articles that are between 1000 and 2000 words. Well, you might say who will read such a long article when most of the people have a short attention span. Well, my primary purpose in writing a long post was to provide all the important information regarding a topic. Those who actually search the topic on Google will read long articles.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I like long blog post especially those that are really educative, because I like to get more information about a particular thing I’m searching for, but if someone like it short then so be it. I like a blog that is easy to navigate with little to no intrusive ads disturbing one

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
The average post length on my blog is about 1000 words. If people come to read your blog posts, they will obviously stop to read the entire content. In that case it does not matter how long your posts are. For genuine readers, long content are better. However, point is your content should have useful information