General insurance What is the objective of NHIS

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
The main objectives of National Health Insurance Scheme especially in my country Nigeria is :

(I) To ensure that every Nigeria has access to good health care serviced.

(ii) To protect families from the financial hardship of huge medical bills.

(iii) To limit the rise in the cosy of health care services.

(iv) To ensure equitable distribution of health care costs among different income groups.

(v) To maintain high standard if health care delivery services within the scheme.

(vi) To ensure efficiency in health care services.

(vii) To ensure equitable distribution of health facilities within the federation.

(viii) To improve and harness private sector participation in the provision of health care services.

(ix) To ensure appropriate patronage of all levels of health care.

(x) To ensure the availability of funds to the health sector for improved services.

This are part of the objective of NHIS and I believe that you may have one or two thing to say concerning this. You idea is valuable.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I think this NHIS sounds like an insurance company on its own. It is a body that basically deals with health insurance. It is quite understandable that there is a policy set aside for it but it is fine to have an organization like this. I just wish to know more about it

btaliat

VIP Contributor
National health insurance scheme is an insurance policy set up by the government to make sure that the health of the workers are well taken care of whenever they are working. I think they even cover beyond the health of the workers but they extend it to the health of the families of the workers.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
If I may understand, I think the national health insurance scheme stand as a general health insurance coverage for every Nigerian trying to get it and the ones that haven’t gotten it yet. But with the objectives I saw up there I think their motives is worth to be called the good guys