What Is The Future of Visa And American Express?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Cards such as debit cards are used all over the world. The first card was used in the 1950s. So, the credit card technology is quite old. However, we have been seeing a massive usage of cards in the Tier 2 and Tier 3 countries also. So, gone are days when cards were used in Tier 1 counties only. However, there is a massive number of people who do not use card in Tier 3 countries. In fact, majority of the people still rely on Cash payments. I really do not know what will be the future of card payment system because now there are other payment methods that are in use by many people. Many countries have their own internal payment processors now and these payment methods are now in use by majority of the popular restaurants, shops, malls, etc. Please note that you do not need to have a specific amount of bank balance to use these local payment processors unlike cards that require you to hold a minimum amount in your bank account. This means that even a man who belongs to the middle class could use these local payment processors. So, do you think that inception of local payment processors could have an impact on the usage of card payment systems like Visa card or American Express?

D

Deleted member 28127

The feature is QR code paying even from ATM or at retails means you scan a QR code from your phone and money is debited from your bank account and paid to merchant, TPE and credits cards will disappear by the time.

Melanie3344

I can't say about American Express, but Visa is driving the future of payments inside everything from smart fashion to smart cities. Being an owner of a Legacy Visa card, I know how many benefits it has. First of all, it is always easy and fast to address its customer service via the legacy visa phone number. Also, this card increases my credit. With such a big competition, I think we will see many more good changes in this sphere soon.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My visa is my only credit card now that I had surrendered my master card and another card. It seems that visa is the most widely accepted so I decided to have visa as the card that I will retain. I do not want to have many credit cards and my intention is to easily keep track of my expenses so I got rid of the other credit cards. With big purchases it is inconvenient to pay in cash especially if I have to not have cash on hand. It is a hassle to find and ATM to withdraw cash for the payment of my big purchase. With the credit card purchasing is simple and no need for the change because what is charged on the card is the exact amount. I don't think visa will be gone in the near future because in our country the credit card is still alive and popular to the middle class.

Caramelle

Credit is driving the surge in sales in my country and in other places and that is not likely to change drastically in the future. VISA and Mastercard also support debit cards. These debit cards come in many forms and conditions depending on the issuer. Some have maintaining balance while some don't. They can be used to pay a large number of billers and shops. They have wider acceptance because they are supported and operated by banks. On the other hand, local payment processors have limited applications and payment acceptance. Unlike banks that have a more or less stable infrastructure and procedures, payment processors are still in the process of improving their services and implementing security to be truly accepted as a complete solution.​

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
My visa is my only credit card now that I had surrendered my master card and another card. It seems that visa is the most widely accepted so I decided to have visa as the card that I will retain. I do not want to have many credit cards and my intention is to easily keep track of my expenses so I got rid of the other credit cards. With big purchases it is inconvenient to pay in cash especially if I have to not have cash on hand. It is a hassle to find and ATM to withdraw cash for the payment of my big purchase. With the credit card purchasing is simple and no need for the change because what is charged on the card is the exact amount. I don't think visa will be gone in the near future because in our country the credit card is still alive and popular to the middle class.

I think that there are various reasons why Visa and other credit card companies have been so popular. One of the biggest reason is that they are one of the oldest ways to get paid and pay other people. They are one of the payment methods that have been since the time when the network of digital payment system was developing in the world. I think that after the popularity of many major online payment processors such as PayPal, the popularity of such payment cards such as Visa and Mastercard have declined a lot. I have never come across any online money making website that pays through Visa Card or Mastercard.

In fact, the only places where these cards are accepted are at online stores or by merchants selling their products online. Despite all this, I believe that using cards has facilitated many people and it has also destroyed many people. This is because many people use credit cards and they eventually become addicted to using it and this could increase the bad debt. I would prefer to stick to online payment processors because I find them much more convenient to use as compared to using cards. Things could also go worse in case you lose your card!