What Is The Future Of TV Cable Operators?

A K Rao

The entertain business has taken a drastic change in the last few years. Apart from the improvement in the technology, the Covid Pandemic had added to this change. The TV channels by the Cable operators and the Set top boxes were the prime source of entertainment at the home previously as the multiplexes and Cinemas were and still are closed down because of Covid 19. Now people have become bored with the regular, routine, boring and monotonous news about the Covid 19 and they wanted some change with some new things.

The entertainment services like Netflix and Amazon Prime have as a savior for them by providing fresh productions in various genres, in different subjects, and in different languages at a very affordable rate.

For the one-year's subscription to the viewers are getting ad-lib entertainment and because of this the remaining source of entertainment like Dish TV and Cable TV are taking back seats.

So one has to be careful in starting a Cable TV business as Netflix and Amazon Prime like streaming services have become the choice of the day. What do you say?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You are right Cable are even getting patronage those that are worse hit are the film makers that put their movie in either CD or DVD format. They are really losing when these films are being uploaded daily on YouTube and anyone can download or stream them free. These set of people need to find a new way of making money off their sweat

Chibson

VIP Contributor
You are definitely correct on this. A lot of people prefer using Netflix and other platforms such as YouTube to watch videos instead of cables as previously. I don't think the Corona virus pandemic solely contributed to this but I think it is change. The fact that people can watch anything with their mobile phones has really changed a lot of things and people no longer give a lot of attention to watching of cables and news.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The largest cable tv provider here called Skycable is presently retrenching according to a friend who works there. The killer of the cable tv provider is the streaming like Netflix that they have been losing customers every day. That is a sad effect of technology which is a food for thought for other fields like radio and tv network.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I think they need to switch to different kinds of services. Netflix is not available in my location but people know how to bypass the restriction. If you as a cable operator can do this and help people to subscribe netflix, you can make money. A lot of people cannot pay for foreign services in my country due to bank restrictions, and you can offer your help.