What is the best tool for keyword research?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
It is good to make use of search engine optimisation if you want to receive organic traffic on your blog from Google search engine.

The basis of all search engine optimisation is keyword research. This is the process of digging up some of the topics and keywords no one is talking about and write content on them.

There are some people who are making use of Google auto suggest to come up with less competitive keywords they are going to use on their blog.

It can be very hard to come up with this keyword especially for a beginner who doesn't know how to go about it. This is where the keyword research tools come into play.

There are various keyword research tools on the market and it can be very hard to choose one. I would like if you can recommend the best among the keyword research tools.

richiedude

After knowing how important that is to have a keyword in your domain, you need to do the keyword research about which keyword you want to rank well in the Google.

What tool you use to do keyword research?

There are many free tools and paid tools available for you to use. However, I am going to talk about Google Adwords Keyword tool. It is very simple and easy to use.

Other paid keyword research tools you need to know: Microniche finder, Market samurai. These are just a few of them.

The purpose is the find out the particular keyword that there are a lot of searches locally if you are doing business mainly in the US. However, if you are dong business outside of the US, you have to look at the searches under the Global column.

Here is the instruction on how to set it up

1. Go to Google and type “Google adwords keyword tool” in the Google search box.

2. Click the one that is on the first of list.

3. Type in the keyword you think you are going to use in your domain. For instance, “SEO Tips” is your keyword.

4. Enter the captcha in the box

5. Click the “Search” button

6. Click the “Column” button on your right-hand

7. Deselect the “Global monthly search” if you are doing business in the US.

8. Select the “exact match” on your left-hand side.

What is the purpose of doing a keyword research?

It is about the keyword that visitors are searching locally every month. This is a way to find out the keyword demand before you provide the supply to them. This is very crucial for online business. If you do not, you will have a hard time getting target traffic unless you have money to spend on paid traffic.

Checking the competition

Then you need to look at the backlinks and you are interested in the quantity as well as the quality of the backlinks. So, we go to Yahoo Site

After you click it, you'll come to a results page. From there you need to click the “Inlinks” button which is in the "Results" box.

When you go to Yahoo Site Explorer and enter a URL to check for backlinks you have the option of saving the top 1000 results as a TSV, or text, file. If you open Excel and import this file as tab delimited it will sort all of the URL’s into one column for you. Then all you have to do is copy and past your list of URL’s into the Bulk Page Rank Checker. This is a LOT easier than copying and pasting all of those URL’s.

As a rule of thumb, if you find half of your results with Page Ranks of 3 or more then it's going to be very tough to beat. So you would look at the next 20 along with these 10 results and then determine if the backlinks are still predominantly low PageRank.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Ahref is one of the best tools you can use to research under-served keywords any niche. It is capable of bringing loads of keywords from Google search engine than any other software. You can also use this tools as a spy tool on your competitor in order to know some of their easy to rank in keywords. Then you can develop content targeting those keywords too.

AfriPeeps Official

I think semrush is a good took and can be used for virtually all keywords researches. If you don't have enough money to purchase the paid version, you can try the free version even though what you can do with it is kind of limited when compared to the paid version

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't really know how this can be used because I do not have a skill that I will need it in the future and I don't even understand how it really work and what can be the benefit of it. You should have explain how this can be used to benefit a lot of people because a lot of us including me do not have a good understanding of how it's really work and its function

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Long tail pro is one of the keyword research software you can use to search for underserved keyword in your niche. The software comes with a lot of cool features which can help you to identify easy to rank keywords quickly. it is a premium software you have to pay $29 per month to use it.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Keyword chef is another tools you need to use if you want to do keyword research for your blog. This keyword research tools is very easy to use, you just put the main keyword at the search bar, hit the search button and it will bring lots of easy to rank keywords for you. The only thing left is to do keyword analysis to choose the right one for your blog.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I don't really know more about this. But I am very sure that keyword plays an important role while ranking one's website or blog on search engine optimization. There are some people that do tall about both long and short key word. I think going for the short one will be better.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@btaliat you are going to know more about this when you feel like starting a blogger for him if it happens that you have a desire for it. This keyword tools will help you to come up with is it to rank keywords which will help you to generate traffic fast from Google search engine. Free the uses of keyword tools, a blog I started few months ago is now receiving traffic as a result of these tools.

Carson20t

Thanks you for your suggestion everybody because it has given insight on how to select key words that will help your blog or site to rank high on the search engine and in turn reach your targeted audience.

I must say that I am a newbie and I thought it is easier done than said but I am so congested right now.knowing so much work you have to put up in making a website is so tedious.